Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living like a refugee

Hello. Do any of you guys know a lawyer who can help me process an asylum or withholding of removal ? I had to leave my country some months ago threatened by some freaks who wanted me to give them a monthly "allowance",else they were going to start kidnapping my family. First I thought it was a joke but last April I was abducted for 3 days and forced to give them my savings and belongings. I sold all I had and left the country. I've been in the US since then with a visitor visa, staying with a friend but my stay is about to expire. My friends and parents are telling me to ask for asylum but I don't have any letters or proof that I was abducted and threatend. I am single and have no kids. I was a successful professional, now I don't have anything here in the US. I'm more afraid about my parents than myself but since they are old but they tell me they're OK. Fortunately, they haven't received any threats or anything. My last name is not popular in my country as I have european ancestry and that singles me out from others. Just wondering if any of you knows a lawyer who can help me process an asylum petition. Thanks.

Hello. Do any of you guys know a lawyer who can help me process an asylum or withholding of removal ? I had to leave my country some months ago threatened by some freaks who wanted me to give them a monthly "allowance",else they were going to start kidnapping my family. First I thought it was a joke but last April I was abducted for 3 days and forced to give them my savings and belongings. I sold all I had and left the country. I've been in the US since then with a visitor visa, staying with a friend but my stay is about to expire. My friends and parents are telling me to ask for asylum but I don't have any letters or proof that I was abducted and threatend. I am single and have no kids. I was a successful professional, now I don't have anything here in the US. I'm more afraid about my parents than myself but since they are old but they tell me they're OK. Fortunately, they haven't received any threats or anything. My last name is not popular in my country as I have european ancestry and that singles me out from others. Just wondering if any of you knows a lawyer who can help me process an asylum petition. Thanks.

Comment

I forgot to mention the people who abducted me belong to a terrorists movement in South America. The whole country is under the oppression of these murderers. I was a supporter of the political campaign of a presidential candidate who was elected last May but I had no official ties to his camapign. His policy was to be harsh against these criminals. Somehow they knew I was a follower and I think that's where all started. A relative was killed last May in a bomb threat during his campaign because I encouraged him to help. Just wanted to make this clear...I wasn't abducted by street thugs.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation