Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    what kind of skilled occupation? As Sammy pointed out that if you are highly skilled professional person and a company do need your service, then you don't need to wait that long as normally others wait.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    skilled occupation, why?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    what kind of job do you do J? or what kind of position your friend has applied under labor certification?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks julia!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am not sammy, but what I understand from his reply is that it is not good for you not to work for your friend right away after getting the green card unless you have very good reason to quit, but if you quit the job after few months then no problem. It may help you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I believe Sammy already answered you that if you quit the job right away or after short of getting green card then BCIS may revoke your green card unless you have very good reason to quit the job. You should read his post clearly because it contains the answer of your each questions.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thanks Sammy!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    once i've got my GC do i really need to work for him? or do i have a choice not to have to? sorry that is my question.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    is this againts the law?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i mean once i got the card........do i really need to work for him.?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I believe you were already told by Sammy that you will not violate any law if you decide not to work for your friend's company because you are not allowed to work as per immigration law untill you are approved for a green card even if you have sponsor or job offer or have pending application for labor certification, as well 'Sammy' did tell you that it is entirely upto you whatever you want to decide at this time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What about if i decided not to work for my friend's company at all? do i violate any law?
    what is the best thing to do? thank you Sammy!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    'Sammy' is a traitor because he is aiding illegal immigrants who are law breakers and law manipulators, he must be deported now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just because someone [in yr case-yr friend] has sponsored you under 'employment category immigration', it doesn't mean that you automatically reserve the right to work or you are allowed to work right away before your green card is approved. The truth is- You are not allowed to work until BCIS grants you green card, periord. You can not get EAD if there is no pending application of I-485, and it would take couples of years in yr case to file I-485 because yr friend may have filed a labor certification right now with Dept. of Labor, and this application would take minimum 2 yrs or more itself, and after its approval yr friend would file I-140 with BCIS and then you have to wait couples of yrs to file I-485 until your priority date would be current. So, it is a long procedure which would take so many years. Meanwhile, you will not receive any EAD or you are not allowed to work with yr friend, as well filing the application would not protect you from deportation if you were ever be detained by BCIS somehow.

So, obviously it is not legal to work in his company at least for now untill you receive yr green card, but after receiving the green card, if you quit the job with him immediately then BCIS will definately want to know yr reasoning in doing so. They may revoke yr green card since you will be receiving it based on this employment, but if you have good reason then they may not take any negative action against you, but this situation applies only if you have green card, which you don't have right now thru your this friend. So, I hope it clears to you that you don't need to work for him in order to complete the process because- by law, you are not required to work at all until you were permitted by the BCIS. I hope he is not forcing you to work for him in the name of green card, if so, then you need to make a choice whether or not you can tolerate this force to continue for several more years because you won't get yr green card for at least 5 more yrs unless you are highly skilled professional person and yr friend's company is needed yr help immediately. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My friend who have a small business wants to help me for a green card applied before april 30,2001 [245i]on my behalf. Do i really need to work for him to complete the process.or i have a choice once i've got my EAD. he is a good friend please tell me what to do? it is illegal for not working in his company? just curious.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation