X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry on B-2 and then changing to H-1b

hi again =)
    now, it is very hard for me to get work in the States, because (and I would do the same) many employers want me to work a week before or so, to see what I can do ... My problem is, that I have not the money neither the time to fly real quick to several places in the US and work for a couple of days and then fly back again. Is it possible, that I visit the States on a tourist visa B-2 (intention to visit relatives) and by chance find an employer which might employe me ? Of course - somewhere this could be double intend, but when I go to the US for 5 month (B-2 possible) then I don't know what everything might happen in that time, right ?
    I would be glad for any response =)

hi again =)
    now, it is very hard for me to get work in the States, because (and I would do the same) many employers want me to work a week before or so, to see what I can do ... My problem is, that I have not the money neither the time to fly real quick to several places in the US and work for a couple of days and then fly back again. Is it possible, that I visit the States on a tourist visa B-2 (intention to visit relatives) and by chance find an employer which might employe me ? Of course - somewhere this could be double intend, but when I go to the US for 5 month (B-2 possible) then I don't know what everything might happen in that time, right ?
    I would be glad for any response =)

Comment

You may well run into problems job hunting here on a visitor's visa. If your intent is to job hunt and remain here, you'd have to lie to get the visa, which is visa fraud, which could come back to bite you if you go for a green card later.

If all you want is to stay a few years on an H1-B, then go home, you might have a chance--the H1-B allows dual intent.

NB: I'm not a lawyer.

Comment

Hi Aliba,

I know and thats my problem. But it is almost impossible to hunt for a job, because the people won't employe someone they don't know ...
        And I thought - that maybe, you'll never know - you will meet someone offering you a job .... well, i try to get a job somewhere .... but its tough and me and my american girlfriend wanted to go back to christmas ....
        we'll see what we can do, maybe i meet santa and he'll do me a favor =)
        anyway, thanx for the reply =)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed