Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce before two year conditional is up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce before two year conditional is up?

Hi this is a kind of mixed up situation. My husband and I want to get a divorce. We have a 2 year old child together wich makes it hard enough. But to top it off we are still in the 2 year conditional status period of his permanent residence. I know that he can still get his 10 year card, because we were very legit in our marriage and I will go with him to the interview and we can prove this limitlessly...My question is...I am now dating a man here on a visitors visa...We want to be married when this is over..He has overstayed his visa, and I dont think that I can sponsor him after sponsoring mu husband...Is this true? I hope it is not but it seems it would be..How long before my ties to my current spouse are finished in the eyes of immigration? I know he has to pay 10 years into Social Security before I am not his sponsor...Is it still immpossible for me to sponsor someone else on a marriage based Visa? Thanks guys..I know it sounds crazy, but love is sometimes...

Hi this is a kind of mixed up situation. My husband and I want to get a divorce. We have a 2 year old child together wich makes it hard enough. But to top it off we are still in the 2 year conditional status period of his permanent residence. I know that he can still get his 10 year card, because we were very legit in our marriage and I will go with him to the interview and we can prove this limitlessly...My question is...I am now dating a man here on a visitors visa...We want to be married when this is over..He has overstayed his visa, and I dont think that I can sponsor him after sponsoring mu husband...Is this true? I hope it is not but it seems it would be..How long before my ties to my current spouse are finished in the eyes of immigration? I know he has to pay 10 years into Social Security before I am not his sponsor...Is it still immpossible for me to sponsor someone else on a marriage based Visa? Thanks guys..I know it sounds crazy, but love is sometimes...

Comment

looks like you love to help aliens get green cards...good for you...

Comment

Afrias, keep it up, you may gonna try many different society until you find the right person.
        also, thanks for helping aliens, jesus loves you

Comment

Whats up with you good american and guest?
          She is in love? whats wrong with that? Don/t other people divorce and remarry? whats wrong in helping get their SS card so they can start paying taxes? It's national service.

Comment

Yeah! she got 10 K a piece to help alien..

Comment

Rught 10k...I got a baby, with a drunk for a father and a pile of bills..Thank you very much...Just an inquiry, not an invite for sarcasm...any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

If I am correct then your current husband will be eligible for his citizenship after three years of marriage to you. If it is really bad... just get out, but if not, maybe you can wait the extra year. Once he gets his citizenship you would no longer be considered his sponsor.

In the meantime keep your boyfriend legal!!! If he has overstayed by less than 180 days get him out of here, otherwise try to figure out what your options are with him....

but you have two different issues here (you are sponsoring a man that you want to divorce and you are in love with someone who has overstayed their visa)

You need to resolve the first marriage and sponsorship before you can deal with the second one, so WAIT!!! Take you time... besides it will help you and your current boyfriend to further establish your relationship and get to know each other better, and make sure that you are not making another mistake (sorry if that sounds disheartening)

Good luck to you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed