Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KATY, if you are checking this site, please read this.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KATY, if you are checking this site, please read this.....

Hello, Katy! I just read your other post regarding your interview today. Congratulations to you husband and you!

We are in the same boat. We too filed in L.A. on October 24 (what a coincidence) and my husband too was fingerprinted within a month or so and received his EAD a little later. We are still waiting for the interview though. We have not received anything other the original letter saying that it can take up to 18 months, but I've heard that it's much faster. Just look at you guys!

My question is, how far in advance did you get a notice for the interview, how did it arrive and when did you do the medical report? My husband already did medical last year, but it was under a different case (through his employment, which he has abandoned). They said it would still be good if we used it within a year, but a year has passed, so he has to have another exam done.

We are really anxious to find out when we will be called in, since my husband is going to college and is not eligible for a government loan (which is much lower interest rate than a private loan, which we are getting anyways) until he has his GC, If he gets his GC while he is in school, we can transfer this loan to get a better interest rate, so we need it to be processed asap. We have a 10-mos old baby too.

Hope our interview will be soon and as painless as yours

If you read this, please response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Hello, Katy! I just read your other post regarding your interview today. Congratulations to you husband and you!

We are in the same boat. We too filed in L.A. on October 24 (what a coincidence) and my husband too was fingerprinted within a month or so and received his EAD a little later. We are still waiting for the interview though. We have not received anything other the original letter saying that it can take up to 18 months, but I've heard that it's much faster. Just look at you guys!

My question is, how far in advance did you get a notice for the interview, how did it arrive and when did you do the medical report? My husband already did medical last year, but it was under a different case (through his employment, which he has abandoned). They said it would still be good if we used it within a year, but a year has passed, so he has to have another exam done.

We are really anxious to find out when we will be called in, since my husband is going to college and is not eligible for a government loan (which is much lower interest rate than a private loan, which we are getting anyways) until he has his GC, If he gets his GC while he is in school, we can transfer this loan to get a better interest rate, so we need it to be processed asap. We have a 10-mos old baby too.

Hope our interview will be soon and as painless as yours

If you read this, please response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello LA,
      I responded to your other posting. I'll respond here as well.
      We were informed of our interview date on or around May 3rd. This was a little less than one month prior to our actual interview today.

My husband had his medical exam on May 11th -- after we received the invitation for an interview with instructions on where to obtain a medical exam. We brought the exam results with us to the interview today.

I'm surprised that there is such a difference in interview dates. I would assume that if we both filed the papers on the same date, that our interviews would at least be within one month of each other. I would suggest that you might want to stop by the LA office and check the status of your file. Best of luck to you.......we are thrilled (in fact, I'm writing e-mails since my husband is now calling everyone he knows to tell them about our success today!).

Good luck.

Katy

Comment

LA,
        One more thing.....we did receive the same letter that you did indicating that this process would take 18 months. I don't think that it really takes that long for everyone. Everything I read before we got our interview indicated that the LA office took about 183 days from the date they received the documents to granting the green card. They took longer in our case......but I have never read statistics that show it really took 18 months.

Comment

Katy, thank you so much for your prompt response I was also wondering, the letter that you've received was it a certified or just a regular usps letter?

Also, if you don't mind telling me, what country did your husband come from?

I have contacted our Congressman's office today and left a message with his rep, who is handling immigration issues. I am just wondering, just like you, what is the reason, when people file at the same time, some get the responses earlier than others. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon. At least now we have hope that it should be soon, thanks to your post today.

Best to you and your husband.

Comment

Hello LA,
            My husband is from Mexico and the letter came in the regular US Postal Service Mail.

Good luck,

Katy

Comment

Thank you, Katy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board