Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

case terminated, filed I-485 and get deported?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case terminated, filed I-485 and get deported?!

Hi,
    My deportation was terminated by INS judge this April,and his order was file I-485 at local office.So I did it.
    Then here is Deportation officer send me a letter in may saids discuss status but I couldn't make it so I wrote a letter for him.I also put a copy of termination letter from INS judge.why I couldn't make it because now I currently live in MI. and my deportation officer is in CA.and this is just a letter not court appealance order.and letter said if I can not make an appointment, let them know why I can't keep my appointment, so I did it.
    I had a bail when I was in custody and I want my bail back.because judge make a final decision. I wrote a letter for bail bond to give my money back. then they send me a letter saids I was demand from INS office to deport from this country.that's why they can't give my money back.
    How could it possibly happen?
    I have I-130 approved notice 3yrs ago(and I filed I-485 front of the judge last year).
    and judge terminate my case!!
    Please help!!thanks!!

Hi,
    My deportation was terminated by INS judge this April,and his order was file I-485 at local office.So I did it.
    Then here is Deportation officer send me a letter in may saids discuss status but I couldn't make it so I wrote a letter for him.I also put a copy of termination letter from INS judge.why I couldn't make it because now I currently live in MI. and my deportation officer is in CA.and this is just a letter not court appealance order.and letter said if I can not make an appointment, let them know why I can't keep my appointment, so I did it.
    I had a bail when I was in custody and I want my bail back.because judge make a final decision. I wrote a letter for bail bond to give my money back. then they send me a letter saids I was demand from INS office to deport from this country.that's why they can't give my money back.
    How could it possibly happen?
    I have I-130 approved notice 3yrs ago(and I filed I-485 front of the judge last year).
    and judge terminate my case!!
    Please help!!thanks!!

Comment

I have no clue what you're talking about, but I take it so far that the judge terminated your removal proceedings, but that the BCIS officer who was working on your case asks you for further evidence or whatever to process your I-486 (???).

In any case I would just submit anything they're requesting, because even though the judge may through out the deportation appeal from the BCIS, if you don't adjust your status (and BCIS is gonna "help" you with that) you'll be deported someday in the future nevertheless... good luck!

Comment

Hi hm,
        Thank you for your reply!!
        as far as I know, there is nothing for INS to against me, and I have no Idea why this BCIS officer wants to get involved about my case.
        I never get it why BCIS breachedmy bond either and there is no written notice for me that
        I have to going back to my country.
        (like I said, I found out I was deported thru INS bond office's letter...)
        and there is no warrant or further court day from INS for me.
        the letter officer issued was just let me know to I have an appointment with him(but not a interview).
        but the letter from INS bond said
        INS was demand me to get deported same day I supposed to see this INS officer.
        how come he can deport me bull **** about my termination order?

finally I got my original language birth certificate so I'll submitt my I-485 today.

Comment

Hello Kyon, I'm not clear either about your case, but if a BCIS officer initiates a removal order, it is very difficult to stop such a procedure. Even if a judge orders the removal proceedings to be stopped, BCIS can (and sometimes will) put other hurdles in the way and makes the adjudgement (I-486?) progression next to nothing.

Best thing here is probably to meticulously study the law (or hire a very dependable attorney) and see if there are any points that can be "unilaterrally attacked". Good luck

Comment

Hello, I am not clear what you mean either, is this about you wanting the bail bond back? Well if you used a bail bond service, you can't get it back anyway. Because you pay percentage, and they post the bond as a whole and after the case is closed they get it back, that is how they make money...

You have a termination of proceedings notice right? Noone can touch you. You should have filed the AOS with the judge but sometimes they remand the case to BCIS.
            SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

HI everyone,
              Thank you for your reply for my message.
              well, about my bond, I paid full amount(which is only $1500).so I thought I could get my money back since my case was terminate by judge.

Comment

So "you" paid it in full, not a bail bond company... You have a receipt or any type of paperwork that you paid it?

Comment

OH MY GOD!! I just press post now key some reason!! but anyway, my question is
                  1.I had an appointment with deportation officer on June 9.2003. even my deportation case was terminated on April 15.2003 by Immigration Judge.
                  2.but I couldn't make it because I'm living in MI, not in CA anymore so I send him a letter to explain to him and also send him to Judge's termination order about my deportation.also asking him to transfer my file from CA to MI.
                  3.I also send a termination letter to bail bond and they reply me saids BCIS breached my bond because I violate my deportation date which was July 2.2003.
                  4.I filed I-485 on june 5.2003 at local BCIS office but unfortunately they send me back because I didn't know I have to put my original language birth certificate with it.
                  so now I got my original birth certificate I want to re-submit my paperwork.
                  5.my husband is USC and during my deportation proceeding, my I-130 was approved by BCIS office(not by judge).which was Nov.2000.
                  6. but some reason I was get deported without notice!! the letter from bail bond said BCIS send a letter regarding about my deportation but I never received it.

I'm start get confused...
                  I thought everything will be OK since judge terminate my case but I guess this mean officer won't let go my case...
                  Am I really get deported?or I still have a chance to adjust my status thru local BCIS?
                  should I re-submit my paperwork?or I just go ahead and go back to Japan?
                  please help!!

Comment

Ok I can't really figure out your case. I don't understand it I am sorry, you said you filed the I-485 before the judge and the judge terminated the case. So why are you trying to file it again. I am kind of lost. What was your relief from removal? Under what conditions the judge terminated your removal case?

As far as I know, when the I-130 is approved, the immigrant visa is good for only a year or 18 months but I am not sure on that.

Why don't you call the immigration courts 1-800 number and see what they have on the system for your number.

The number is 1-800-898-7180, call the number and then dial your A number in.

I got confused too, this stuff is not that complicated, how about hiring a lawyer? Is that an option for you?

Comment

HI bushmaster,

No no no!! I have to file my I-485 thru local BCIS. INS judge was terminate my deportation because I'm not subject to removal....

and I did file my I-485 before judge Nov.2002.
                      but when I filed my I-485, my deportation proceeding was not resolved. and I even don't know what was the decision for that time.

but on this April 15.2003, another judge terminate my deportaiton, and his order for me was I have to file I-485 thru local BCIS office.

I called 1-800 number too and they said my case was terminated on april 15,2003.

but some reason, I was get deported by BCIS on July 2,2003 but I never received any letter regarding about my deportation...

I hope this time is clear...

Thanks!!

Comment

The 1-800 number updates the info on the system so often, if you were to have a removal order pending against you, it should have been in the system.

It also doesnt seem possible to me you had 2 seperate removal cases in CA and MI...

When you have a termination order, they can't touch you, just file your I-485 and see what happens...

Can you also work? It will be better to hire a lawyer in MI. I have a friend, his name is Tommy and I think they have a good lawyer in MI area.

Comment

HI Bushmaster,

Thank you for your reply!!
                          I don't have a case in MI,just in CA.
                          I was move doen here 3yrs ago and everytime I have a court hearing, I fly back to CA.

I call 1-800number almost every week but they said the same thing "your case was terminated by INS jucge in CA".

also I did file my I-485 front of judge, but since my case was terminated, I have to file again.
                          (I also just asking to a lawyer and INS officer.and they said same thing...I have to file my I-485 again thru local BCIS)

like most of the people said, i'm OK because I have a termination order for my deportation, but
                          this BCIS officer in CA deport me because I didn't went to see him.
                          he even don't want to tell my previous lawyer what is appointment about.

How much power BCIS officer have?
                          Do tehy have any power over the judge?
                          or maybe this officer doesn't like aliens from different country.

Comment

No no they don't have any power over the judge. The Immigration judge sits at the top the INS structure, the judge is the ultimate authority. So don't worry, file your application, don't lose time.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed