Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdraw Sponsorship procedure ?

I am sure this question has been asked.A USC wants to withdraw her sponsorship for her ex who divorced her.She plans to write a letter to BCIS.Is there anything specific that should be said , and how does she find his alien number

I am sure this question has been asked.A USC wants to withdraw her sponsorship for her ex who divorced her.She plans to write a letter to BCIS.Is there anything specific that should be said , and how does she find his alien number

Comment

Surely the USC wife should know the aliens A number, and if not it will be on the I864 or I 134 that she filed for her ex-husband.

I'm not certain that a USC ex-spouse can withdraw sponsorship. Would need more specifics to know if it is possible.

Comment

If your ex got green card already YOU CANNOT WITHDRAW, you should tell him to become a USC that way your responsabilities will end.

Comment

Sorry I don't think I explained.Her ex had conditional status based on their marriage,
          They had to file an I-751 application to have the conditions lifted.It was during this time that he divorced her.The conditiond have not been lifted and he has asked to come in for an interview.He has married again(we suspect to circumvent deportation)When he divorced ,he took all the paper work , he left her with nothing except a mountain of debt.

Comment

Why didn't your USC friend tell BCIS that the marriage ended in divorce

Comment

She called BCIS and was told that she is unable to withdraw sponsorship,however I don't believe that is accurate.

Comment

IT IS ACCURATE! SPONSORSHIP CANNOT BE WITHDRAWN AT THIS STAGE OF THE PROCESS!

Comment

Even if they are married to different people now ? She is a USC married to a USC and he is foreign married to a USC.I am sorry if my question seems unreasonable or ignorant.

Comment

Africainfo:

Not to offend but you are an IGNORANT, why don't you go to www.bcis.gov and read the I-864.

There 3 vehicles to have the Sponsor held no longer responsible for public benefits that the alien might pursue:

1)Alien become a USC

2)Alien work for 40 Credits = 10 years

3)Alien leaving the coutnry with no intentions of coming back, however you will be responsible for any money that he has used from the Govt. for public benefits.

I would not worry much about this, it is unlikely you will be in the hook, public beneftis are only food stamps and a welfare.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a new member. I'm in some desperate help right now. I married to a USC and he treated me really nice and we are living happily together. We are both students and because of that, we asked help from my USC husband's mom to help us with the affidative support. Now I got the green card on conditional bases and my mother inlaw began to hate me and she wanna withdraw her join sponsorship. Would any of the kind person tell us that if it is possible for her to do such things and what should I do to protect myself

Comment

Dear Chromosomes,

If the AOS has been approved, your mother-in-law cannot withdraw her support. Did you and your husband go for the AOS interview? Do you have a conditional or permanent resident card yet? I withdrew the affidavit of support for my ex-husband, but was only able to do that because his case was still pending. If it had been approved, I would not be able to get out of it until he naturalized, left the USA or worked and paid taxes to equal 40 credits.

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed