Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh-HELP--I want to marry my illegal boyfriend

Umesh, you seem to know alot about all of this & I know nothing. Could you please help me. My boyfriend came here illegally from Guatemala 3 1/2 years ago. We have been dating for almost 2 years. We have wanted to get married for a while but he wanted to become legal first, so that I would never doubt him or his love. We have discovered that this is impossible because he came here illegally. Through all of my phone calls to lawyers about what he can do, I have gotten mixed responces to the marriage issue. Some lawyers say "Marry him and I can get him legal. Come to my office next week and we will talk (for a fee of course)". But just as many say "there is nothing you can do since he came here illegally". I am soooo confused. Could you please advise me on what to do, and what the truth is? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be with the man I love and have his children. Thank you in advance for your help.

Umesh, you seem to know alot about all of this & I know nothing. Could you please help me. My boyfriend came here illegally from Guatemala 3 1/2 years ago. We have been dating for almost 2 years. We have wanted to get married for a while but he wanted to become legal first, so that I would never doubt him or his love. We have discovered that this is impossible because he came here illegally. Through all of my phone calls to lawyers about what he can do, I have gotten mixed responces to the marriage issue. Some lawyers say "Marry him and I can get him legal. Come to my office next week and we will talk (for a fee of course)". But just as many say "there is nothing you can do since he came here illegally". I am soooo confused. Could you please advise me on what to do, and what the truth is? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be with the man I love and have his children. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I don't think that you can do anything until 245i is reinstated. I don't know if that will happen with today's climate. But Umesh might know more.

Comment

To Suz2347
        Right now there is no provision to make your boyfriend legal. Only thing you can do is to get married and open Joint Bank Account, put his name on the lease, put Utility Bills in both names. When and if 245(i) is reinstated then you will be able to sponsor him. May be government declares some other sort of relief which he will be able to avail. There is another provision that if you are married for two years and apply for AOS, then he will get his regular GC for 10 years instead of two year conditional GC.
        Good luck.

Comment

No! There are no provision which allow uninspected Alien to get GC>>.
          Marry for two years and get 10years GC only applied to alien who entered Legally and file correctly , waited two years and his application was still in process for two years. If the time limit passed for two years and he didnot get approved, he will get 10 years GC after approval because he fullfil the condition of marriage act which is two years for conditional GC and 10 years for Others over two years.
          Kaapichhhh... You are wrong again.

Comment

I sense you have a problem with Umesh Passi, but I just can't figure out what it could be or why? Please help me to understand.

Do you know there are friendlier and kinder ways to express yourself if you are truly here to help others?

Please forgive me for saying so, but all I see in this post is that you are here to hurt Umesh and to try and make him look bad instead of focusing on the one that is in need of the help and the advice.

If your advice is correct, then that is wonderful. I am sure Suz2347 will be very grateful and I know we are happy that you are here to help, but please understand, there are more subtle ways to give advice and suggestions without trying to hurt someone else in the meantime.

All Umesh Passi is here to do is give the best and most intelligent advice that he can offer for those in need. He truly is not here to hurt anyone, so why would someone want to hurt him?

I really can't understand this, I truly am sorry if I have hurt anyone feelings here or have stepped over any boudaries, but I am just trying very hard to understand the situation and then maybe I could address it in different manner.

If you have feedback on this, Not Correct, it would be greatfully appreciated, but please, do it in a kindly manner.

Thank you and God Bless You and Suz2347, Best of Luck to you and yours!

Comment

There are really not very big chances to get your bf/husband legal right now. Since he entered the US illegally then even if you are a USC that cannot cure his problem.... You guys will have to wait for another Sec. 245(i) or an amnesty. Sharing of bank accounts and bill payments will help you with proving of your bona-fida marriage in the future. That is a good idea....
              I don't know about political assylums, talk to a lawyer about that. It's probably hard to prove...
              Another option is to let him leave and go to get him from his country,... but it's too risky for him and I wouldn't reccommend that...
              So if you love each other, you are fine... There is gonna be a chance to fix his status maybe pretty soon... I wish you a good luck guys!

Comment

exactly what i mean. umesh is a good guy, but if you are not sure of the answer, DON'T as it will do more harm than good! there is nothingt wrong in simply saying YOU ARE NOT SURE OR IDO NOT KNOW.

Comment

I know Umesh is good person but his answer is not correct.
                  I don't have any problem with him, I,m a Law student and trying to correct him in this posting.
                  It may be feel harsh, but bad advise put people in deep trouble.
                  No one trying to hurt Umesh here, all I'm saying is not to advise if you don't know.
                  There were people in this board who had their facts clear and advise others in right way ( i've sen in the Past), But they were forced to leave because of hate, by others pretaining to be them, using same screen name, unprofessional behivour,impostor, etc

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation