Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was turned down with out a reason why

my fiancee had his interview today but was told cant let you marry at this time ? this was a a turn down to come but didnt give him a real reason why what can i do about this and how long will it take to get a appeal for him ?

my fiancee had his interview today but was told cant let you marry at this time ? this was a a turn down to come but didnt give him a real reason why what can i do about this and how long will it take to get a appeal for him ?

Comment

If you are denied, you are entitled to written notification of the basis of denial.

Comment

what? your fiance wants to get married and INS is not letting him?

Comment

HI NC. are you Debbie who had the algerian citizen who they told to interview in Tunisia for algeria? if so. I am sure written notification as to the disposition of the interview and the reason for denial will be sent out.

In the meantime.. if you insist on marrying right now, you can always go to algeria(scary) to accomplish that. However it might be good idea to wait to find out reason for denial. Maybe something in background check was not favorable. u never know.

Comment

You say "it was a turn down to come" so you must have some idea of why it happened? As others have said, depending on the reason, there may be help on here, but find out the details first.

Comment

there is a age difference she didnt say this was what it was only thing she said too him in interview she cant let us marry at this time and dont dont why we were approved to begin with . she was from lebanon and said he did fine in interview we have been togetter now 3 years and this took a year to get this interview is there a way to appeal this or what plz help me i didnt think there were laws saying u cant marry if your not the same age ? is there?? thanks so much for your response on this

Comment

and yes im Debbie with the algerian boyfriend he is not in algeria he is in tunis now working hasnt been in algeria in 4 years living i have been to tunis 2 times in last year too see him i dont understand how they can just say we cant let u marry rigth now

Comment

Algeria and Tunisia are both "terrorist watch" countries. Perhaps your fiance's name came up on the security database for some reason (just a thought) and they need to perform additional background checks? In any case, you will obtain a reason for the denial.

Comment

NYCLMMParlega,,,,,l no it was about our age difference i think 12 years which i dont see where that should matter as long as we love each other is what i thouth that counted, his interview he was told that at this time we cant let you marry and i am waiting but is there anything i can do to appeal this ? if you know plz could you tell me i would be forever in your debt thanks for the input on this

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation