X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about twisting what is said:

"SO YOU SEE MR YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO US BECAUSE WE ARE TOO MANY ,WRONG."

"So we should just invade any country we like ,if we bring large numbers over run their enforcement agencies, WE WIN,"

Is that me you're talking about? I certainly don't believe that.

Anyway

"IF THEY WILL NOT OBEY OUR LAWS AND FORCE THEIR PRESENCE ILLEGALLY ON THIS COUNTRY, THEN YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE STINK IN LAWS YOU LIKE, THEY WILL NOT BE OBEYED.IT IS BROKEN BECAUSE 13 MILLION DO NOT RESPECT OUR LAWS, OUR BORDERS AND IT IS OUR FAULT????"

What is more important is enforcing the laws. Our system is inefficient not because of laws per se, but because there is not enforcement of our laws on a large scale. The INS has too many functions, security, adjudications, paperwork, etc. The enforcement side is lacking.

Alas, out of all your post you give a slight solution to the problem at hand.(Took a few posts to get there) I can give credit where credit is due and you have many interesting theories and points. However that is all they are, theories, stats, numbers and such that fail to address the immigration phenomenon.

You Stated:
    DO YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT WILL BE TO CLEAN OUT ILLEGALS,I WILL LET IN ON A BIG SECRET, IF YOU CAN'T RENT OF BUY A HOUSE HERE BECAUSE JUST AS THEY CHECK CREDIT AND REFERENCES THEY WILL HAVE TO CHECK FOR LEGAL STATUS, BEFORE , KIND OF HARD TO LIVE ON THE STREETS ISN'T IT. THIS WILL COME UNDER HOMELAND SECURITY AND IS IN THE WORKS NOW.

My question, then, is why hasn't this "easy" solution been introduced for the past 20 years? Why is this magic solution only coming out now, and why was it kept secret? Can't rent or buy a house from who, the government or private sellers? This is the solution to dealing with the immigrants in the U.S.? Lets hope Homeland Security will improve, and I'll be as optimistic as I can.

Comment

Don't forget, there is a spirit to the law that protects new people coming to America. Furthermore, unless you are an indigenous member of our "Republic," - Kiss off.

Comment

What is more important is enforcing the laws. Our system is inefficient not because of laws per se, but because there is not enforcement of our laws on a large scale. The INS has too many functions, security, adjudications, paperwork, etc. The enforcement side is lacking.

INS worked fine until when? Until over 17 million (4 million that were here and granted amnesty) and the 13 million they paid us back with for our unheard of generosity, name another nation that has done that. Put the blame where it belongs, these costs are not even included in the costs of this illegal immigration that every citizens has to pay. INS worked fine until people decide to illegally come here.

Alas, out of all your post you give a slight solution to the problem at hand.(Took a few posts to get there) I can give credit where credit is due and you have many interesting theories and points. However that is all they are, theories, stats, numbers and such that fail to address the immigration phenomenon.

What phenomenon are talking about?
        phe·nom·e·non ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-nm-nn, -nn)
        n. pl. phe·nom·e·na (-n)
        An occurrence, circumstance, or fact that is perceptible by the senses.
        pl. phe·nom·e·nons
        An unusual, significant, or unaccountable fact or occurrence; a marvel.
        A remarkable or outstanding person; a paragon. See Synonyms at wonder.
        Philosophy. In the philosophy of Kant, an object as it is perceived by the senses, as opposed to a noumenon.
        Physics. An observable event.

The INA Amendments of 1965 and their Aftermath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The October 1965 amendments to the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) repealed the national origins quota system and represented the most far-reaching revision of immigration policy in the United States since the First Quota Act of 1921. In place of nationality and ethnic considerations, the INA amendments (P.L. 89 236; 79 Stat. 911) substituted a system based primarily on reunification of families and needed skills.

The circumstances which led to this major shift in policy in 1965 were a complex combination of changing public perceptions and values, politics, and legislative compromise. It can be argued that the 1965 immigration legislation was as much a product of the mid-1960s and the heavily Democratic 89th Congress which also produced major civil rights legislation, as the 1952 Act had been a product of the Cold War period of the early 1950s.

The 1965 amendments adopted an annual ceiling on Eastern Hemisphere immigration of 170,000 and a 20,000 per country limit. Within these restrictions, immigrant visas were distributed according to a seven-category preference system placing priority on family reunification, attracting needed skills, and refugees. The 1965 law also provided that effective July 1, 1968, Western Hemisphere immigration would be limited by an annual ceiling of 120,000 without per-country limits or a preference system.

The INA Amendments of 1976 (P.L. 94-571; 90 Stat. 2703) extended to the Western Hemisphere the 20,000 per-country limit and a slightly modified version of the seven category preference system. Legislation enacted in 1978 (P.L. 95 412; 92 Stat. 907) combined the separate ceilings into a single worldwide ceiling of 290,000 with a single preference system. The Refugee Act of 1980 (P.L. 96 212; 94 Stat. 102) eliminated refugees as a category of the preference system, and set the worldwide ceiling at 270,000, exclusive of refugees.

Since 1965, the major source of immigration to the United States has shifted from Europe to Latin America and Asia, reversing the trend since the founding of the nation. According to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), Europe accounted for 50 percent of U.S. immigration during the decade fiscal years 1955 to 1964, followed by North America at 35 percent, and Asia at eight percent. In fiscal year 1988, Asia was highest at 41 percent, followed by North America at 39 percent , and Europe at 10 percent. In order, the countries exceeding 20,000 immigrants in fiscal year 1988 were Mexico, the Philippines, Haiti, Korea, India, mainland China, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and Jamaica.

These figures reflect a shift in both accessibility and conditions in the sending countries. For example, Asian immigration, which was severely limited prior to the 1965 amendments, subsequently has been augmented by the large number of Indochinese refugees adjusting to immigrant status outside the numerical limits. On the other hand, Irish immigration fell from 6,307 in fiscal year 1964 to 1,839 in fiscal year 1986, with 734 entering under the preference system and the majority entering as the immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. Ireland had been heavily favored under the national origins quota system.

FAIR, 3/96.

This is the law and the numbers we will let into this country, mandated by our congress, there is reasons for these numbers, third world immigration costs the citizens of any country money to help them get started here. One of our oldest immigration tenants is that you do not become a burden upon the citizens of this country, this goes way back to before Ellis Island. You could and still can be deported for becoming a public burden. This is what thread is all about, is this an attack on our Republic, well ,yes it is ?If law is wrong, change it ,as per bill of rights, but to condone and place blame on citizens of this country and place the economic burden this has caused is unfair to us and against our laws, ethics and immigration history. Why are Hispanics any more important then people of other countries that want to come here? Should they all get on boat and force there way into our country or any other country? Its only fair if we let 13 million plus do this then how can you deny them ?

Comment

Again I'll ask

You Stated:
          DO YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT WILL BE TO CLEAN OUT ILLEGALS,I WILL LET IN ON A BIG SECRET, IF YOU CAN'T RENT OF BUY A HOUSE HERE BECAUSE JUST AS THEY CHECK CREDIT AND REFERENCES THEY WILL HAVE TO CHECK FOR LEGAL STATUS, BEFORE , KIND OF HARD TO LIVE ON THE STREETS ISN'T IT. THIS WILL COME UNDER HOMELAND SECURITY AND IS IN THE WORKS NOW.

My question, then, is why hasn't this "easy" solution been introduced for the past 20 years? Why is this magic solution only coming out now, and why was it kept secret? Can't rent or buy a house from who, the government or private sellers? This is the solution to dealing with the immigrants in the U.S.?

Here is a good one:

"INS worked fine until people decide to illegally come here."

HAHAHAHAHAH If the INS worked fine, doesn't that mean people would not be able to enter the U.S. illegally!? Isn't a major function of the INS to protect our borders?

You have interesting little tidbits of information in your statistics, however you still want to keep your head in the sand.

Comment

How much plainer does it need to be, INS did not have a problem until 13 million people decide enter our country illegally. All of you go home and INS has nothing to do again, except find terrorists which would be a lot easier if you all were not here providing cover for them DAHHHH ? Lets not be stupid here, I don't time for a pissing match , that's a really dumb point and argument. Facts are you over ran our agencies, created a false doc. market that provides cover and Doc's to those that would hurt ALL and ANY of US, THEY ARE EQUAL Opportunity KILLERS, THEY CARE NOT ABOUT COLOR, RACE, CREED, RELIGION (theirs only), GET IT.Do you care NO, its only whats good for you, screw every one else.All your action bear that out to us very planily.

Comment

I'm not quite sure if that is an imposter or the same acelaw that has been posting, because you now sound very incoherent...
              anyway

"All of you go home and INS has nothing to do again, except find terrorists which would be a lot easier if you all were not here providing cover for them DAHHHH ?"

All of who go home, me? I am home, born and raised right in the good'ol USA.

Who is providing cover, me? I do not aide or abet any illegal alien.

"Facts are you over ran our agencies, created a false doc. market that provides cover and Doc's to those that would hurt ALL and ANY of US, THEY ARE EQUAL Opportunity KILLERS, THEY CARE NOT ABOUT COLOR, RACE, CREED, RELIGION (theirs only), GET IT.Do you care NO, its only whats good for you, screw every one else.All your action bear that out to us very planily."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
              THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

I didn't overrun anything. I didn't create any false documents either. Do I care, yes. which is why I want a system that will hold these immigrants more accountable.

Keep your head in the sand, they are here to stay as much as you HATE it. Deal with it.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation