Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    So has Sammy gotten back from CVACATIONS OR NOT?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I applied for AOS the same time as you. No finger prints yet, but I got my EAD 3 months after I applied. Now I'm using my second EAD. Let me know about your progress.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO: SAMMY

Thanks for your help and recommendation Sammy. I do have a valid work permit thru school (valid for a year). I am going to visit the local INS office here in NY and I'll take the cashed money order and copy of the forms with me and hopefully I'll get my EAD on the spot.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LOL, didn't you read sammy's other post on this board where he mentioned of going on summer vacation to out of country for the time being, and do you really believe he cares what these paparazzi say against him, i don't think so. According to his some previous posted replies " it gives me more enjoy when "DOGS" bark more hard each & every time out in the street since i know how mad (jealous) they are, but i also know that if "dogs" won't bark then who will, because barking is the nature of "dog".". I wish he is here because i have a question to ask regarding criminal charge and failing to pay taxes in relation to green card application.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO: WORRIED

It sounds very strange to me when yr husband is taking your position 'very lightly' and carelessly even though yr circumstances evidently shows that there is something wrong and warrant a proper attention in yr case which was filed by this other woman. At the same time, it is also very strange when he is very defensive position towards this other woman and he even feels offensive if you talk about the modus operendi of this woman in yr case as if he is her husband rather than yours, and what is more worst in yr situation is that now you need to look out everything yourself in yr case without him knowing or his cooperation.I don't think an ideal husband suppose to do what he is doing because he should the one who should look out for you in every sense because he is yr husband and if he really loves you in true sense. Belive me, i got the perfect picture of yr case without you saying anything over here.

First of all, you need to change the address with INS on your all pending applications to that address wherein you definately can receive yr mail, otherwise yr case would be denied or administravely be closed if you don't send the required documents if they ask from you or if you don't show up at any kind of interview they will arrange. And, once this case is denied, that means you need to leave the country within 60 days, otherwise they will deport you forcely. You should know that situation after filing the applications is not the same as it was before filing the applications with INS, because now you are on govt. record which you were not before. So, you should proceed very carefully and with the intent to succeed in yr case because yr immigration life is on line here rather than yr husband, or that other woman "aquitance" to yr hubby, or attorney or any other persons. You should also know that 40% cases are ended-up in deportation because of attorney's mistakes whether those mistakes were made at the time of making application for the benefits or later on. You should also know that if there is a need for you to hire an attorney, then you must need a attorney who is a 'trial attorney' who is experienced in arguing the case in courts rather than dealing everything on papers since 94% of attorneys do their job only on papers alone and when there any problem occures, they start to scare the clients to back out so that they don't need to return their clients' money back, or ask the client that much money that a client can not afford and then client would have no other option except just to back out, and if in case client did not back out and somehow ables to provide the said amount then those attorneys hire another trial attorney (or firm) anyway. That means you need a attorney from begining who do appeallate court's cases also in immigration, but obviously the one you can afford. Mostly, trial attorneys don't charge extra without needs, which means that they will charge you based on the complexity and simplity of yr case, but at least you have advantage to shop at one place rather than looking all over the town when any problem arises as well as they know about laws in depth in order to proceed in yr case which ordinary attorney doesn't.

As far as 'self-petition' is concerned, then there must be a abuse situation and it is not necessary that the abuse must be of physical, instead it can be of mental. Your situation must have to documented in order to verify the abuse and you have to submit too many documents which i can not list here everything as well in order me to analyze your case and yr chances of success, i need a more detail on yr situation. But, if your self-petition (I-360) is approved then you don't need yr husband to sponsor you and you can file immediately for green card once it is approved and it takes only 30-60 days to get approval on this application if all requirement/documents were made in proper way. You may email me at- SAMMY7258@MSN.COM if you choose not to discuss over this board. You should also know that i am going away on vaccation for the time being, that means i won't be able to answer any of yr post over here. In any given situation, avoid the comments which will be made very shortly by "paparazzi" .I wish you good luck and God bless you !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO SAMMY:

Thanks again for your support.
    I'll try to stick to the point this time.
    I paid U#500.00 in check for INS fees, for the whole package(and I have a copy of the cashed check).
    The person(alledgedly an expert in immigration issues) is an old acquaintance of my spouse. She is not a lawyer, and therefore, she is not elegible to represent me at the INS, and I don't understand why she claims she has access to my applications at the immigration offices???
    She never asked us to sign any contract for the services. The only evidence I have are the receipts that I got for the 500.00 she charged for the job(to fill out the forms and send them to the local office, what she claims she did).
    Since she put her office address in the forms, I insistently contacted her to know about my EAD. She only told me a lot of vague and contradictory information.
    Lately, I've been trying to cotact her, but she is never available.
    I cannot count on my spouse's support either, since he feels offended for her when I try to tell him that something is wrong with my immigration process.
    He says i should wait for my GC, and makes fun of me saying that it's just my bad luck.
    He claims the woman did the right thing.
    Taking into account his "strange" reactions, I decided to apply for my EAD again without letting them know.
    To me, she is not the only one to be blamed for the (missing form) and this unusual delay to process my case.
    All evidences suggest my application was delibaretely "missing" from the AOS package, for reasons that I'd rather no to mention here, only to a lawyer.
    It's likely that I'm entitled to self-petition.

Very thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO: MAX & WORRIED

One more thing before i sign out, it is totally upto you what advise or information you wanna adapt or ignore, but pl be focused on only yr case rather than all other craps coming out of others (insecure) who are following me everywhere on this board as a "paparazzi". I wish good luck to both of you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO: WORRIED

I don't mean to scare you or anyone, instead i have just laid out only the facts. You can disagree with the 'fairness of the fact', but you can not be disagree with the 'existence of the fact'.In addition, you did not explain in yr post any thing about yr filing situation or others because yr previous post is just stating that you also waiting for a long time for yr receipt and EAD.

What i understand from yr situation, it seems to me that you really are a victim of immigration fraud when someone collected the money from you and never filed the application for EAD. No wonder why, because it requires them to pay processing fee for I-765 and even though you have paid it to this person, this person has kept it to herself or himself, because s/he knows it that s/he can get away by telling you that s/he did file unless either of you have proof of cashed checks or other method of payment towards its processing fee. It happened every day in this country wherin naive immigrants are being fooled by the scam artists over here. As you know, just few days ago in Arizona wherein police busted people who took the advantage of undocumented persons(Mexican and Asians) like your's situation and have exorted more than $5,000 from each of them and disappeared or have kept fooling them . That's why it is very important that any paper you sign, read very carefully before signinig it and get familiar with all the information relavant to your case, rather than trusting the attorney or another person blindly and completely, otherwise your case would be the one destroyed rather than anyone else. Attorneys are usually concerned to their fees only rather than yr chances of success.It is not advisable to pay anyone or even INS without a check, because you can always track the records, as well you would have the proof for these payments.

Now, you can file the criminal complaint with the local police station about this person who has fooled you, if you may choose, because i strongly believe that s/he never file the application for EAD since it never take more than 2 months to hear about it, i mean at least you should receive appointment letter within 2 months if not the EAD. As far as inquiring the status is concerned then you can do that thru mail if you don't wanna jeopardize yourself, because if nothing happened so far, it doesn't guarantee that nothing would happen next time if you walk in to local INS office without having valid EAD and thinking that just because you married to a USC, you can dance (i mean whatever and whenver you want to) on INS floor. Choices are upto you. I hope you will understand what i mean.

And, even though you have provided the right current address on yr I-765 application, you still need to notify to INS office wherein your AOS application is pending, otherwise you will not receive any correspondence from them and then yr case would be denied or administratively be closed. You should know that each application handles in different section within the same INS office, and it won't update yr address automatically with all applications, if you only update with one of them, and even if you sent the whole applications altogether. Please do a favor on yrself by keeping the copies of each documents you sent to INS, never give original to anyone, pay by checks to everyone including INS, read and understand each document many times before sign it, get familiar with relavant information in respect to yr case and procedure rules of filing said application, always get second opinions from others before making final decision of what you wanna do next, don't discuss your case with persons whom you think won't be helpful to you, if you deal with any attorney or any person then get a contract paper from them wherein it should be written in 'black & white" about what they will do for you for the fees they will charge you for their service, and be extra careful in dealing with INS specifically thesedays. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO SAMMY:

I READ YOUR LONG EXPLANATI0N, SAMMY, AND I MUST SAY THAT I FEEL EVEN MORE WORRIED NOW.
    AS I SAID ABOVE, A APPLIED DEC/2002.PAID FOR THE WHOLE PACKAGE, BUT NOW IT'S ALREADY JUNE AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY EAD.
    AT HIS POINT, I START HAVING SOME INSIGHTS ON WHY I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING SO FAR.
    I'VE MADE THE INQUIRIES AND HAVE BEEN THERE IN PERSON, BUT GOT NO REPLY.
    THE PERSON FROM THE OFFICE I PAID TO FILL OUT THE PAPERS AND FILE THEM FOR ME SAYS SHE HASN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING EITHER(SHE PUT HER ADDRESS IN THE APPLICATIONS).
    BUT THE LAWYER I PAID TO CHECK MY AOS AT THE IMMIGRATION LOCAL OFFICE WAS INFORMED BY AN OFFICER OVER THERE THAT FORM I-765 WAS NOT FILED ALONG WITH THE AOS PACKAGE.

THEN, I IMMEDIATELY FILED AGAIN. I WROTE A COVER LETTER EXPLAINING THE REASON WHY I WAS FILING FORM I-765(MISSING) AND ALSO ATTACHED THE E-MAIL THE LAWYER SENT TO ME COMMUNICATING THE RESPONSE HE GOT FROM BCIS FOR HIS INQUIRY.
    I PUT MY ADDRESS(NOT THE SOCIAL WORKER'S OFFICE ADDRESS) AND I DID NOT FILE A CHANGE OF ADDRESS. I ONLY CHANGED THE ADDRESS IN FORM I-765(THE ONE I FILED RECENTLY). I DIDN;T LET HER KNOW ABOUT THAT EITHER.
    ALL I GET TO DO KNOW IS WAIT AND HOPE THAT THIS TIME I GET MY EAD.

THANK YOU!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it varies from state to stae...
    in san francisco / CA you receive yr notice of receipot within 4 or 6 weeks, your EAD within
    6 or 7 weeks, fingerprints within 8 weeks..
    just for yr information

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TO: MAX & WORRIED

You guys should know that 99% of the times local INS offices never send the receipt notices for the applications and only time you would hear from them when you will be asked for fingerprinting or interview for EAD/advance parole, if you have filed those applications altogether with other applications (package). However, INS service centers always sent the 'notice of action'. So, the only proof you may have for yr 'filing status' is the copies of cancelled checks or money orders or other method of payments which were made to INS as processing fees for those applications.

In addition, you don't need to be panic right now because AOS application can take upto 30 months to process depending on where do you live, but thesedays there is not a single place in United States wherein its taking less than a year. As long as yr checks/money orders are being cashed then its mean that yr applications are under processing. You have to wait and let the govt. do their job. However, if you have filed the application for EAD alongwith your AOS, then you should have received the notice of its interview within 6 weeks, and if you haven't heard about it then you should go to the local INS office to inquire about it. But, be remember that you need a copies of your filed applications 1-485, I-130, G-325A (for both-husband & wife), marriage certificate, and you must need a proof of payment method since that is the only proof you have to show the 'pending status' of yr applications. Similarily, you can always inquire the status of yr status either visiting personally to the local INS office or by mail, but make sure that to write them the full first name, last name, date of birth and country of birth, that is, in order to check the status of yr applications. One more thing you should rember always that keep the copies of every correspondences you make with INS and always send them via certified mail so that you have proof of your its mailing and this way yr correspondences can not be lost also. It is always not advisable to walk in INS office without having any interview appointment letter from them in advance or any kind of valid EAD specifically thesedays, as you know that govt. forced nationals of certain countries to be fingerprinted regardless of their illegal or nonimmigrant status and when they showed up at INS then they were either detained on the spot right away or NTA issued to them later on because they have no immigration status, even though most of them have pending AOS application with INS and have USC spouses. So, you should use yr mind before act anything or before deal with INS, because marrying with the U.S. citizen does not give automatic right in itself to stay in this country nor protect you from deportation while its just merely giving you a eligibility to adjust your status for p.residency, that is. If you have vaild EAD then you are okay. So, in order to receive EAD, you should have I-485 application pending with INS. Lot of folks when they go to INS whether to check the status of their application of AOS or for EAD or for advance parole or any other immigration benefits, they always take their USC spouse with them and think that their spouses' presence is necessary or might it protect them from detaintion or depotation, but it is simply not true and they really don't need to take their spouses with them to INS because its just wasting their spouses' time and creating inconvience to them because their spouses' presence is necessary only at the time of interview on AOS application or interview on I-130. Furthermore, if INS wants to detain these folks then their spouses can not be able to protect them anyway at the spot. So, you have to be in patience.

Max, you can show to yr employer a copy of cashed money order to prove that yr application for EAD is processign with INS and you should try hard to convience yr employer that it takes some time to process this application and if still yr employer don't get satified then you should go on vacation without pay for few weeks because it doesn't take that long to process EAD and once you have EAD then return back to yr job, if this option is possible for you. Some offices deal EAD application even on walk-in basis, but i don't know at this time where are you , but anyway you could be able to find out by calling yr local or nationwide INS customer service's toll free #. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks. I am going to contact them personally, I plan to the offices and find out whats up with my application.

Good Luck to u too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Max,

Hopefully, you will have a better luck than I did.
    My situation is similar to yours in what concerns waiting time from BCIS.
    I applied in DEC/2002 for AOS, I did not get any receipts and until now I haven't heard anything from them.
    People advised me to contact the local office in person, but all I got from them by doing that were evasive answers/explanations.
    When I personally contacted the immigration offices,I requested an EAD, but they declined it because(according to the officer I talked to) they hadn't started processing my applications yet by then(one months ago).
    That made me even more confused. I understand that when you apply for an EAD concurrently with your AOS, you're expected to get one whithin 3 months time.
    I didn't get one yet, neither did I get an explanation for the delay.

I guess the experts in this forum can figure out an explanation for cases like that.

Good Luck!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Umesh it the fifth time you've responded to this same one..

Leave a comment:

• Umesh Passi
    replied
    Yes. You can file I-765 alongwith copies of other papers you had sent to the Immigration regarding Sponsorship I-130 and AOS. Hopefully you will get your EAD in a month or so. In the meantime, if you employer asks you about EAD just tell them that you have already applied for one. May be you will not need to resign from your job.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed