Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 TSC update

We mailed my wife's I-751 application on March 12th, 2003 and received the acknowledgement within a few days thereafter. We've heard nothing since March until about a week ago. We received a notice in the mail of an appointment in New Orleans on December 10th. I wasn't really expecting to have to go to an interview, but we are still excited to finally see some action. I still don't quite understand the dates that show up in the "Processing Times". They have never matched our actual experiences. We applied for I-485 in 2000, and we were told that it would take 2-3 years. Wife had appt. in less than 6 months, had GC in about 9 months from appl. date. We're just thankful we'll get the permanent GC before time to apply for N-400 next Spring.

We mailed my wife's I-751 application on March 12th, 2003 and received the acknowledgement within a few days thereafter. We've heard nothing since March until about a week ago. We received a notice in the mail of an appointment in New Orleans on December 10th. I wasn't really expecting to have to go to an interview, but we are still excited to finally see some action. I still don't quite understand the dates that show up in the "Processing Times". They have never matched our actual experiences. We applied for I-485 in 2000, and we were told that it would take 2-3 years. Wife had appt. in less than 6 months, had GC in about 9 months from appl. date. We're just thankful we'll get the permanent GC before time to apply for N-400 next Spring.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the update. Lokks like it took slightly less than 8 months to process your application.

Well I sent mine in Oct this year so thats good news that things are moving there. As for the processing times they give, I hope they can be more accurate.

Thanks a lot.

Please tell us how the interview goes.

Comment

Did you sent a lot of evidence along with your I-751?

Comment

Yes, we sent joint credit card statements, joint bank account statements, titles to both of our cars that show both names, tax returns, copies of plane tickets where we traveled together, beneficiary forms for my insurance policies/retirement at work, insurance forms showing wife is insured on my policy, etc. We did not send letters/affidavits, but I don't see how those can carry much weight. Anyone could make them up.

I was not expecting to have to do an interview. Our marriage is legitimate, and it's obvious from the evidence we sent in.

Comment

I read/heard rumors that USCIS is calling a lot of couples for interview now regardless of evidence......but don't worry guys everything will be fine :-)

Comment

Not worried....last interview was a breeze...hardly looked at anything. In fact, we sort of made the guy feel bad, and he humored us by looking at our wedding pictures.

It's just a lot of trouble to take a day off of work and drive 3-4 hours for an interview. But, it's certainly worth it to be through with this whole process.

Comment

Hopefully that is a trend that doesn't continue...

ARQU

Comment

ARQU:

Did you check the info I sent you out?

Comment

Im sure its no problem. u r probably just in the 1/3 percentile that comes up for random audit/interview. Be thankful for the timeframe though, it will be a breeze. Actually congratulations are in order. u are being processed!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation