Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <<>> Summons for hearing vs. Deportation hearing

I have a NIV interview comming up. There are three forms I have to fill out: DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158.

DS-156 is the application for NIV. In it there are a series of question about previous visits to the US. One of the question is: "...have you ever been the subject of deportation hearing?" For this question I am not sure how to answer, since I was issued a summons for a hearing. And I took a voluntary deportation during the innitial stage. (I think there is a term that discribes when the case goes to the next stage.)
    I am not so sure whether what I went through is a deportation hearing.

I took a voluntary departure and left the US within the alloted time. I am not sure if what I went through was a deportation hearing.

Couple of question later (in the DS-156) there is another question that asks: "...have you ever violated the terms of a US visa?" This is clear, and sure, I have.

Please clarify. Also, interview tips, anything atall will help.

Thanks.

I have a NIV interview comming up. There are three forms I have to fill out: DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158.

DS-156 is the application for NIV. In it there are a series of question about previous visits to the US. One of the question is: "...have you ever been the subject of deportation hearing?" For this question I am not sure how to answer, since I was issued a summons for a hearing. And I took a voluntary deportation during the innitial stage. (I think there is a term that discribes when the case goes to the next stage.)
    I am not so sure whether what I went through is a deportation hearing.

I took a voluntary departure and left the US within the alloted time. I am not sure if what I went through was a deportation hearing.

Couple of question later (in the DS-156) there is another question that asks: "...have you ever violated the terms of a US visa?" This is clear, and sure, I have.

Please clarify. Also, interview tips, anything atall will help.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed