Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mohan, i have a question about my parents.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mohan, i have a question about my parents.

i am a refugee. my parents is in my home country.my mother want to come to visit. i got an asylum 2 months ago . can my status influence my mother's arrival? she is in russsia. can it help her? or she should not tell in embassy that i am here as a refugee.?
    thank you.

i am a refugee. my parents is in my home country.my mother want to come to visit. i got an asylum 2 months ago . can my status influence my mother's arrival? she is in russsia. can it help her? or she should not tell in embassy that i am here as a refugee.?
    thank you.

Comment

a tourist visa depends on many different factors. The fact that you are here should not make or break the case. The basic idea is that your mother will have to show reasonable proof that she will be returning to Russia.

Things to consider
      Whether or not she has checking/savings accounts
      How much money she has in them
      Is she married? Does she have any other children in Russia?
      Does she have a job that will allow her to leave and then come back?
      Is she working on any sort of degree?
      Does she do any volunteer work?
      Does she own anything? House? Car? etc.
      In general, do her reasons to return to Russia, outweigh her reasons to stay?
      Also, financial concerns must be weighed strongly

Comment

thank you for those useful questions. so, she doesn't have any accounts. in russia it is a bit different. she is married. my father stays in russia to run their family business. so, what are her chances to get visa? and should she mention that i am here as a refugee.
        i appreciate your help.
        Regards, Lena

Comment

Hi. I really don't know what to tell you regarding whether or not to mention that you are here. I would tend to say be honest, as lying can get a person in more trouble, however it does give her a reason to stay here as well.

Also, if they know that you are here, she has a logical reason for visiting and you can provide an invitation for her, which can be helpful under the right circumstances. (Is there any way she could get an account with your father in Russia, and you could temporarily put additional funds there or anything? Does your father have any sort of account? Is there anything that is in both of their names/in her name? You might need to manipulate a few things, but it should prove to be helpful if you can get these things, even a letter from your dad stating that she helps out with the family business and are taking a vacation from such a date to such a date to visit you, but are expected to return.)

I cannot think of everything but try to provide as much proof as possible that she will return to Russia... then your presence here shouldn't cause you any problems, and might even help .

No promises - but I wish you luck!

Comment

thank you again "x', thank you for your time. i am sure these pieces of advice you gave can tremendously help. as for me i think i can't arrange an invitation for my mom at this time as i got asylum only 2 months ago.
            as for the the things, my parents possess together: my mom is a owner of the business, the property they have is on her name.
            I am sincerely touched by your help and attention. thank you, "x".

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation