X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 and Internship: mmorales can you adive me on this

Hi,
    I am H1 Visa Holder, due to get married soon, my Girl Friend is currently doing her Masters in India and would like to apply for Internship/Co-op here in USA (her next Semester requires her to do so). I am wondering if it is possible to be under training/internship if you have H4 visa status, even if we dong want to accept Stipend (we would like to spend time together with the oppurtunity to work/training).
    Antony Bhai

Hi,
    I am H1 Visa Holder, due to get married soon, my Girl Friend is currently doing her Masters in India and would like to apply for Internship/Co-op here in USA (her next Semester requires her to do so). I am wondering if it is possible to be under training/internship if you have H4 visa status, even if we dong want to accept Stipend (we would like to spend time together with the oppurtunity to work/training).
    Antony Bhai

Comment

The H-4 status does not authorize work, but it is silent about internships. Technically, internships are not work because they are not paid. However, if she is receiving credit, there may be an argument that she is working. It really depends on the specifics of the internship.

If you marry her, then she can enter on H-4 and then apply for a change of status to permanent residence. As an applicant for change of status, there should not be an issue with taking an internship.

info@myronmorales.com for more info.

Comment

Thanks mmorales,
        what is termed as change of status, My comapny has applied for my GreenCard, but the request is with DOL ( in california) and I suspect it would be a while before I can move on to next stage. Is the application with DOL can be termed as change of status?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation