Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding I-94 and L-1B visa

I would appreciate any information regarding this. I will check on this with a lawyer but before I can do that I hope I can get at least some peace of mind.

I came to the US on a L-1B visa. I have been here since 1998. I have been to my homecountry several times since my move here. Each time I got a new I-94 card. However, I have not left the US since January 2000. During this time period my employer applied for a visa extension which was granted in February of this year, after 6 months of waiting. I recently realized that my I-94 card shows "admited until ..." which happens to be the expiration date of my initial visa. I am not sure what this means now. As I mentioned above, my visa got extended and at the time it was extended my I-94 had expired already and I have not since left the country, so do currently not have a new visa stamp nor do I have a new I-94 card.

Can anyone comment on this situation? I do have the letter from INS stating that my visa extension got approved and I got a letter from my company stating that I am still employed with them and that they ask the embassy to issue a new visa etc. So I have all the paperwork in order, just I do not have the actual documents, meaning new visa stamp and I-94 card showing the expiration date of the new visa.

I would appreciate any information regarding this. I will check on this with a lawyer but before I can do that I hope I can get at least some peace of mind.

I came to the US on a L-1B visa. I have been here since 1998. I have been to my homecountry several times since my move here. Each time I got a new I-94 card. However, I have not left the US since January 2000. During this time period my employer applied for a visa extension which was granted in February of this year, after 6 months of waiting. I recently realized that my I-94 card shows "admited until ..." which happens to be the expiration date of my initial visa. I am not sure what this means now. As I mentioned above, my visa got extended and at the time it was extended my I-94 had expired already and I have not since left the country, so do currently not have a new visa stamp nor do I have a new I-94 card.

Can anyone comment on this situation? I do have the letter from INS stating that my visa extension got approved and I got a letter from my company stating that I am still employed with them and that they ask the embassy to issue a new visa etc. So I have all the paperwork in order, just I do not have the actual documents, meaning new visa stamp and I-94 card showing the expiration date of the new visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation