Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can I stay out of U.S.A for keeping my GC safe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can I stay out of U.S.A for keeping my GC safe?

Hi,
    Can you please just tell me how long I can stay out of U.S.A after I got my conditional GC? I had my conditional GC by marriage on April 2003.Since May 2003 and now I've been in my country.So in November its gonna be 6 month out of U.S.A... Do I have to return to keep my GC or a serious medical condition of one of the parents might be a reason to stay here more?What should I do?

Hi,
    Can you please just tell me how long I can stay out of U.S.A after I got my conditional GC? I had my conditional GC by marriage on April 2003.Since May 2003 and now I've been in my country.So in November its gonna be 6 month out of U.S.A... Do I have to return to keep my GC or a serious medical condition of one of the parents might be a reason to stay here more?What should I do?

Comment

You have a conditional GC, first of all you should have not left the US, due to parents medical condition, BCIS/INS may accept this reason, you never know many of the Agency staff are not familer with laws even.
      What you should have done before your departure you should have applyed for INS Permit-to-Renter USA. that allows you to stay out of USA for 24months. But before it expires you have to be in the United States.
      contact this guy: ahmednajmi@yahoo.com
      let see what he has to say.

Comment

I am afraid that I am not an authority on this subject, however I was under the impression that with conditional permanent residency or permanent residency you could leave the country with no difficulty for things like vacations. However, if I understand correctly, you can only be out of the country for up to 6 months or you will lose your residency.

To stay out longer would require you to file certain documents.

As I said I am not an expert in this area, nor am I 100% sure of what I am saying. I would highly recommend that you contact the US embassy in your area!

Comment

I was under the same assumption Spouse. My lawyer told me that when I go for my interview and get my greencard( hopefully they stamp my passport that day), I am able to travel to my home country effective immediately that day...as long as they stamp my passport. Right now I am not able to travel back and forth.
          That is what we have been informed anyway. I hope it is correct.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation