X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 for the unmarried child of the USA citizan

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please advise me on the following. I am a Russian woman married to the US citizen. I have been married to the US citizen for 7 months. My permanent residence status documents are processed by the INS, and like I was told by the INS officers I will be invited to the interview in May and be given a permanent resident status. I have a daughter of 12 years who still is staying in Russia. My husband (American citizen) filed the Alien Relative Petition (I 130) for my daughter; it was received by the Vermont Service center on March 07, 2003. In the Notice of Action it was written that to process this type of case it would take between 150 to 999 days. Please advise me if there is any way to expedite the case or is there any opportunity for my daughter to come to the USA in frame of a non-immigrant visa and adjust her status being here. Currently my daughter is staying with my mother in Russia and my mother is in a very poor health and she can no longer take care of my child. My daughter's farther was deprived of his parental rights towards the daughter. There is no one else in Russia who can take care of my daughter. I am very much suffering without my daughter and I will very much appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please advise me on the following. I am a Russian woman married to the US citizen. I have been married to the US citizen for 7 months. My permanent residence status documents are processed by the INS, and like I was told by the INS officers I will be invited to the interview in May and be given a permanent resident status. I have a daughter of 12 years who still is staying in Russia. My husband (American citizen) filed the Alien Relative Petition (I 130) for my daughter; it was received by the Vermont Service center on March 07, 2003. In the Notice of Action it was written that to process this type of case it would take between 150 to 999 days. Please advise me if there is any way to expedite the case or is there any opportunity for my daughter to come to the USA in frame of a non-immigrant visa and adjust her status being here. Currently my daughter is staying with my mother in Russia and my mother is in a very poor health and she can no longer take care of my child. My daughter's farther was deprived of his parental rights towards the daughter. There is no one else in Russia who can take care of my daughter. I am very much suffering without my daughter and I will very much appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

Comment

Realistically there is no temporary visa that she could qualify for - a tourist visa is not appropriate because she has to prove she would go back to Russia - and with you, her mom, living in the US as well as the pending immigration papers, well, she would have zero chance to get one. Same for student. And there is no such thing as a "child fiancee" visa or anything like it.
      INS cannot be forced to expedite processing - the wheels turn slowly.
      Even humanitarian parole, while possible, would take 3-6 months to adjudicate with little assurance that it would succeed because the I 130 would likely be processed by the time the HP was granted (if granted).
      And if she or anyone else thinks that lying to the embassy to obtain a tourist visa for her will work, well, all that will do is A) fail and B) complicate matters in the near future when the I 130 is ready. The embassy will wonder where her mother is (for example), why is she applying for a tourist visa without a parent, etc.
      Patience is about all that is available realistically.

Comment

As your USC husband has filed I-130 for your daughter, she is not eligible for Tourist Visa. As a step child of your husband, your daughter falls under Immediate Relative category for which there is no cap of issuing visas. Receipt Notice you received is a generalized letter but her I-130 should be processed in about 4 - 6 months and she should be here within a year.
        Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed