X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage fell apart before perm GC

Hi everyone,

What do you do when your marriage has fallen apart between conditional GC and 10 yr one.
    I have left the state and plan to move elsewhere because of the bad memories and to make a new start.
    My husband doesn't know because he does not contact me anymore. He lives in another state with military job.
    I am afraid that after our divorce I will be deported when it comes time to change conditional status. SHould I move my case from where it is or give a friends address in same state to maintain it there? PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone,

What do you do when your marriage has fallen apart between conditional GC and 10 yr one.
    I have left the state and plan to move elsewhere because of the bad memories and to make a new start.
    My husband doesn't know because he does not contact me anymore. He lives in another state with military job.
    I am afraid that after our divorce I will be deported when it comes time to change conditional status. SHould I move my case from where it is or give a friends address in same state to maintain it there? PLEASE HELP

Comment

Hello Dee,

How very sorry I am to hear about your situation. I do hope that you are hanging in there and are praying for the best.

Dee, it would probably be best for you to move your case with you because you will need to fill out a form for change of address anyway. I would also suggest if you have the phone number and location of where your husband is, then I would leave him a message some how just in case he had a change of heart or an emergency came up.

Dee, I see you having a problem while trying to remove the conditions on your GC, but if you happen to have some proof of domestic voilence or proof of abandonment from your husband, then you can take advantage as a Battered Women under VAWA.

I do wish I was able to give you a more defined and clear answer, Dee, but I really feel you are the one who is going to have to choose what will be best in this situation and I do understand how hard that can be.

Dee, I will keep you in my prayers in hope that God will keep you strong and that everything will turn out alright for you.

God Bless You!

One Heart

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs