Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move out?

I have a question. I came to the U.S. at a very young age with my parents, and they applied for the green card for themselves and on my behalf (with a lawyer). Unfortunately, for some reason, we never got the green card (it's been over 14 years now). Fortunately, my parents did obtain a provisionary SSN and work permit. In my case, I didn't get squat. Consequently, I cannot work, drive, or travel.

Everyday of my life I feel I am imprisoned. Everyday I am growing more angry at the U.S., and I'm thinking about moving out. Sounds easy, right? You'd say, "Just go!"

I wish it was that easy...

I am originally from Israel, and since I am not a Jew or Palestinian, I was never issued citizenship at birth. Obviously my parents aren't citizens either, but they had/have special permits, passports, and etc. issued by the Government. Since I moved out of my birth-land at a young age, I was never issued any document, other than my birth certificate, which is Jordanian-stamped for political reasons.

Basically, I am not a citizen of ANY country, my birth-land does not recognize me, and the U.S. is essentially imprisoning my life.

Here is where my question comes in. How would one under my circumstances move out? To emigrate to any country, it is required to have documents, such as citizensip, passport, identification, and etc. I cannot even apply for an immigration visa to any country since I have nothing. I would love to move out of here so I can actually start working and begin a new life.

And other thing that makes me worry is what if the U.S. starts rounding up people like me. The choice will be to either get deported to the country of your citizenship, or be sent to the notorious INS jail. They would have no choice but the choose the latter for me. I will opt for the Sea!

I have a question. I came to the U.S. at a very young age with my parents, and they applied for the green card for themselves and on my behalf (with a lawyer). Unfortunately, for some reason, we never got the green card (it's been over 14 years now). Fortunately, my parents did obtain a provisionary SSN and work permit. In my case, I didn't get squat. Consequently, I cannot work, drive, or travel.

Everyday of my life I feel I am imprisoned. Everyday I am growing more angry at the U.S., and I'm thinking about moving out. Sounds easy, right? You'd say, "Just go!"

I wish it was that easy...

I am originally from Israel, and since I am not a Jew or Palestinian, I was never issued citizenship at birth. Obviously my parents aren't citizens either, but they had/have special permits, passports, and etc. issued by the Government. Since I moved out of my birth-land at a young age, I was never issued any document, other than my birth certificate, which is Jordanian-stamped for political reasons.

Basically, I am not a citizen of ANY country, my birth-land does not recognize me, and the U.S. is essentially imprisoning my life.

Here is where my question comes in. How would one under my circumstances move out? To emigrate to any country, it is required to have documents, such as citizensip, passport, identification, and etc. I cannot even apply for an immigration visa to any country since I have nothing. I would love to move out of here so I can actually start working and begin a new life.

And other thing that makes me worry is what if the U.S. starts rounding up people like me. The choice will be to either get deported to the country of your citizenship, or be sent to the notorious INS jail. They would have no choice but the choose the latter for me. I will opt for the Sea!

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

I have NO advice, not a clue. Seeing as the only response to your very serious post was from our resident moron, I wanted to let you know I wish you the best and hope that you soon get some relevant and useful advice.

Take care.

Comment

Maybe it would help if you wrote a letter to your local congressman explaining your situation in detail. Don't blame your problems on the US. If you were raised here from a young age, then you probably belong here more than anywhere else. If after talking to a lawyer and exploring your options you still decide to move, then Canada would be a good option. Of course, you have to be educated. If you are not educated then you are unfortunately SOL.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion, but I prefer not to present myself to anyone affiliated with the U.S. Government; I could be jailed for all I know. I am not playing the blame game here, all I'm doing is trying to find out how to fix the problem. I've spoken to my family's lawyer about this, and all he suggests is to wait. Wait for how long? I've already waited over 14 years. I'm in my 20's and I need to start working. If moving is the solution to this problem, then so be it.

My question was how would a person like me emigrate to another country and have the ability to actually work while waiting for permanent status? I know this is a U.S. immigration forum, but I have a feeling I need to do something here first.

P.S. I am educated. I finished high school with a good GPA, and I'm about to finish community college.

Comment

The problem is how you wanna go immigrate to other countries if you doesn't have any document such as passport and so on? I think if you think staying in US so hard, let me tell you all over the world or any other countries, you have to have proper visa to stay in. Even at the beginning you can enter without visa but you still have to show passport at POE unless if you get in by land illegally (which I don't know where). Most of countries let US passport holder (which you don't have one) to stay for a few months without visa, then if overstaying its illegal and can be deported or jail. So...I know how upset you are, but there is a WAY and the best is settle your things here and do it properly. If your parents managed to get SPECIAL documentation from Government, why not you? Good luck.

Comment

Yes, I know that every country requires immigration visas, as I said in my original post. And these applications require documents, which I don't have, like you said. If I had documents I would have applied to a few countries that I have relatives in.

I wish I could get a provisionary SSN and work permit like my parents. Then I wouldn't be inquiring about emigration. As far as I know from the lawyer, since I was not the applicant, I cannot have these things. I suppose INS does not understand that children grow up.

Comment

Arsen, how your parents managed to get the special documents? It might lead you somewhere there.

Comment

If you have a Jordanian birth cirtificate that would legally make you a Jordanian citizen right? SO getting a Jordanian passport would be a starting point to at least being able to leave the US!

Comment

Maybe you should talk to other lawyers, shop around until you find what you want.

Comment

If you are truly tired of the USA and want to leave,there are countries where you can probably go, however these are generally countries that are relatively impoverished and nobody really wants to go there. In countries of this type you can usually buy your way into the country, and buy residency or something similar. As a fluent English speaker you can probably even get a good job teaching ESL (that pays you relatively well). It would not be an immediate solution, but within a few years I am sure you could become legal (without having to buy legality... although that might be a possiblity too).

However, this is not my recommendation. I would highly recommend calling a lawyer. Asking a lawyer will not cause you any problems with immigration (actually you can probably call them directly and receive information without having any problems, however their answers might not be as correct.)

I believe that there is some type of provision for people who came to the USA illegally as children and/or for people who have been in the USA for over 10-12 years. I may be slightly off on one of these or laws may have changed, however, as you would qualify for both, I would definitely attempt to get permanent residency.

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed