X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC and Registered Nurse

Hi, there,

I am an international student. I am going to graduate with my ASN (associate degree in nursing) from a US credited nursing program and I am planing to pass the certified exam to become an Registered Nurse.
    Here are could of my questions about my concerns.

1. Since I only have AS degree, I know I am not qualify to apply for H-1B visa. (Normally H-1B need at least BS degree) Thus, how can I legally work in US when I find a job in US?
    2. Is there any possinlity to get GC through RN jobs?

Please give me your advice. Or anybody has the same experience, please let me share your information.

Thanks,
    Grace

Hi, there,

I am an international student. I am going to graduate with my ASN (associate degree in nursing) from a US credited nursing program and I am planing to pass the certified exam to become an Registered Nurse.
    Here are could of my questions about my concerns.

1. Since I only have AS degree, I know I am not qualify to apply for H-1B visa. (Normally H-1B need at least BS degree) Thus, how can I legally work in US when I find a job in US?
    2. Is there any possinlity to get GC through RN jobs?

Please give me your advice. Or anybody has the same experience, please let me share your information.

Thanks,
    Grace

Comment

You have to pass RN exam first in order for you to get sponsor for H1 visa, then you may apply for GC.

Comment

Hi grace, I am a nurse in the U.K waiting for gc in U.S and been through the system. Once you pass your nclex and have a lisence there are many agencies which will sponsor you for your GC. Try RNNEtwork.

Comment

It is actually quicker to get a GC as an RN as labour certification is not required, due to the U.S having a shortage of RN's. Hope this helps:-)

Comment

There are several options you can explore besides the H-1B. There is a relatively new category called the H-1C that may be available to you. You can also try going straight for permanent residence due to nurses being listed as a shortage area.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed