Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally confused about immigration for husband

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have been trying to get info to bring my husband (newly married) to the US to live and work. I am a US citizen by birth, and he is a Canadian citizen by birth. We have only been married for a week now.
    I looked online and I know I have to file I-130 form, right? How long does that take? Do I also have to apply for the K-3 visa (even though it is for fiancee, I was told it can be used to bring your spouse to work pending the approval of the I-130)? Do I need a lawyer or is this something I can do on my own?
    I am sorry to ask so many questions. I am so thankful for this site... I came across it by accident, and it already helped me out a lot! If someone can get back to me, I would appreciate it.. thank you so so so much!... ~confused101~

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have been trying to get info to bring my husband (newly married) to the US to live and work. I am a US citizen by birth, and he is a Canadian citizen by birth. We have only been married for a week now.
    I looked online and I know I have to file I-130 form, right? How long does that take? Do I also have to apply for the K-3 visa (even though it is for fiancee, I was told it can be used to bring your spouse to work pending the approval of the I-130)? Do I need a lawyer or is this something I can do on my own?
    I am sorry to ask so many questions. I am so thankful for this site... I came across it by accident, and it already helped me out a lot! If someone can get back to me, I would appreciate it.. thank you so so so much!... ~confused101~

Comment

Is there anyone who can help me? Is there any phone numbers I can call?

Comment

Go to INS .Gov and read the instruction "how to bring my wife to US"

Comment

Hi. Either way you will have to apply for the K-3 visa which is the spouse visa.

I am not 100 percent sure but I think you need to file the I-130, then you can file the I-129F (which is a non-immigrant visa application for spouses and fiance's although many people still think it is just for fiances.) You can only file the I-129F if the I-130 is still pending.

and I am not sure in your case, or whether it is applicable in conjunction with the I-129F, but I would assume so. You should also need the form DS-230 (department of state).

Mohan has a very good idea about cheking the ins webpage. You also might want to consider looking for cheap or free legal advice from someone like the catholic charities, especially since it seems like your case is straight forward!

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help you have given me! I will look into the information you gave me... I hope I can contact ya'll again if I have any other questions.. thank you so much once again!!! ~confused101~

Comment

dffddf

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs