Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore N-400 Process...

Myself and my wife applied for Citizenship Using n-400 under the Baltimore district. We have been finger printed and took the CIVIC citizenship test at the end of Nov, 2002. We now have a date in mid-March to appear for Interview in Baltimore. My GC was obtained through LC in Nov 1997.

Now my question is - for Baltimore district
    1. What are the steps after the Interview? Time frame for BALT for each steps.
    2. How long before Naturalization certificate?
    3. What are the crucial docs we should take besides the one the INS letter list?
    4. How is less than 6 month or not out of US issue derived from? Looking at passport exit and entry seals?

Please help. Thanks.

Myself and my wife applied for Citizenship Using n-400 under the Baltimore district. We have been finger printed and took the CIVIC citizenship test at the end of Nov, 2002. We now have a date in mid-March to appear for Interview in Baltimore. My GC was obtained through LC in Nov 1997.

Now my question is - for Baltimore district
    1. What are the steps after the Interview? Time frame for BALT for each steps.
    2. How long before Naturalization certificate?
    3. What are the crucial docs we should take besides the one the INS letter list?
    4. How is less than 6 month or not out of US issue derived from? Looking at passport exit and entry seals?

Please help. Thanks.

Comment

It would be extremely helpful if I could get the specifics on the Baltimore district office, please.

Comment

If you will check your other post, all information has been supplied to you.
        As far stay outside the United States, these are checked on Exit and Entry stamps on Passport. Immigration has all those information on their Computers.
        Good luck.

Comment

Dear Umesh, thanks again for your reply. I re-asked thinking you might have missed the BALT specific question I posed. My apologies.

Actually, the passport does contain entry seal only, no exit.

1. Exit info is on the N400 Application along with the entry info. Does INS have both of these info available in their database other than what was provided in the application?

2. I heard that the oath and naturalization cft issuing happens on the same day of the interview (not CIVIC test). Is this true for BALTIMORE?

Comment

Uptill recently Immigration just had in the database dates when the person entered back in the United States. But now they have started exit data entry policy also. There is no way for them to check exit dates except for entry stamps in other countries in the Passport.
            Since there is backlog everywhere, as such Naturalization interviews are conducted and then they invite people in groups for Oath Ceremony, which usually takes from one month to three months.
            Good luck.

Comment

when i apply for the N-400, how long is the typical wait for everything to happen up until i get sworn in?

Comment

Your question has already been answered on your Post.
                Good luck.

Comment

Mia, I can give you some stats based in Baltimore office.

Baltimore office:
                  N400 applied: Mid Sept
                  FP called for: Mid Nov, Civic test same day
                  I'view called for : Mid March
                  According to Umesh, Sworn in possibility: 1-3 months from I'view.

Comment

So, what is the specific recent timing for Interview to oath taking in Baltimore. Can someone provide the most recent timing experience? 1-3 month is too vague of an answer.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed