Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mohan, could you please give me advice. i am a refugee..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohan, could you please give me advice. i am a refugee..

i am 21 . i am arefugee. i got an asylum in the end of January this year. The department of social services says i can't get any assistance, such as medical, cash, food stamps.the reason is that i have a car. i bought this car when i worked here as a student(came here with studen visa j-1). i bought it in october when my visa expired. i have paychecks to prove that i earned that money. i payed 4000 for "chevy" 2000 year. it was in satisfactory condition + very high milage.
    what can i do now? i am unemployed. i live with roommates. i don't have parents and relatives here.
    Regards,
    Thank you

i am 21 . i am arefugee. i got an asylum in the end of January this year. The department of social services says i can't get any assistance, such as medical, cash, food stamps.the reason is that i have a car. i bought this car when i worked here as a student(came here with studen visa j-1). i bought it in october when my visa expired. i have paychecks to prove that i earned that money. i payed 4000 for "chevy" 2000 year. it was in satisfactory condition + very high milage.
    what can i do now? i am unemployed. i live with roommates. i don't have parents and relatives here.
    Regards,
    Thank you

Comment

Every system has it's own rules and regulations and Social Services are not excemption.If you want to avail these benefits you should read the law that governs this dept.I know that a client can own a property like car if the value is not more than $500.00. If you own a car worth $4,000.00 then you are not illegible to get some assistance. Why can't you not get a job? It's hassle free than getting assistance from them. Even USC has difficulty getting these because in my opinion this is only for the disabled and senior citizen.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation