Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic card / green card

Hello: after consular processing, i arrived in US through New York port of entry. My passport was stamped after all docs were reviewed. the stamp date is only good for one year. How long will it take before i get my acutual green card. Is that also valid for one year. I am confused. It was DV lottery processing case. Please tell me how long the green card is valid for. thank you

Hello: after consular processing, i arrived in US through New York port of entry. My passport was stamped after all docs were reviewed. the stamp date is only good for one year. How long will it take before i get my acutual green card. Is that also valid for one year. I am confused. It was DV lottery processing case. Please tell me how long the green card is valid for. thank you

Comment

They say that the plastic card takes between 6 and 12 months to arrive (but mine took actualy around 21 days, I think). If you don't receive your card by the time your stamp is about to expire, you can go to your local BCIS office and get a new stamp - also for a year. You can do that every year until you get you plastic greencard. The actual green card is either with a 2- or 10- years validity, but as long as you file properly for renewal or removal of conditins (if applicable), you keep your status. Also call BCIS toll free and ask them in your situation about trips home - maximum allowed stay, advance paroles and stuff.
      Enjoy your stay in the US

Comment

hello.. my green card finally arrived 1st week in september. I was too write this soon er but did not have computer. I am thrilled, now i have to sort my social security card out. Just thought i will post this information here.

Comment

Congratulations Macy! Thanks for sharing with us and I do hope that you are enjoying your stay.

Take care!

Comment

congrats Macy! Can you give us your times (applied, interview, stamp, received actual gc).
            And from which country with which number (don't need to disclose last two digits, just the hundreds, and thousands etc.). Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation