Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Fraud Interview

Has anyone ever heard of a couple who really is married failing the marriage fraud interview? I'm just curious because I always read frantic posts from people who are worried about thier interviews. Is there a reason to worry if you're really married?
    Have a nice day

Has anyone ever heard of a couple who really is married failing the marriage fraud interview? I'm just curious because I always read frantic posts from people who are worried about thier interviews. Is there a reason to worry if you're really married?
    Have a nice day

Comment

No, and to my knowledge there is no such thing as a 'marriage-fraud interview'.

The interview is just the final step before you get stamped or receive your GC.

99% of the decision has already been made prior to the interview.

If the marriage is genuine and you answer honestly you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Actually at time of my interview I didn't even realize what was I doing .... Or anything like that... when we went to US Consulate in New Delhi early morning at 8 am .... We were alone then more 3 couples came .... They all were worried and tensed and we were talking and joking around with each others .... So we were kinda surprised ... why others are so quite or something like they came to give some board exam .... They were kinda confused too looking at us ...that we were joking and talking without worries .... But we were out just in 2 min ... our interview was great ....

I m sure people who ask here ... most of them are for AOS or other petition right here in USA.... As in my case ... I didn't know " I " about immigration ... so was not worried .... But people here in USA probably visit this kinda websites for couple of months before they encounter real interview ... and that is the only reason I guess .... They get afraid otherwise I don't think its coz of fraud marriage .... For example

2 months old kid won't be afraid of lion coz kid doesn't know what is lion and what harm might happen .... But adult will be scared coz he knows what might happen....

Good night...Pasha

Comment

Our I-130 was processed by the marriage fraud unit because my husband was in deportation proceeding when we were married. In my opinion if you are really married and really know each other, there is nothing to worry about. It normal to be anxious, but you should know the answers to the questions. And in our experience, we were allowed to explain any discrepencies in our answers. While your answers to the questions are important, I think that how you handle the questions may be equally important. My husband and I "studied" for the interview (especially reviewing info about when we were first dating and leading up to our marriage) but very few of the questions we were asked were from the attorney's list of possible questions.

The best thing that the attorney told us was to expect that the Officer would try to imply that my husband married me just to get his green card. Since I was expecting the officer to be hostile, I was not surprised when that question was asked. I simply told her that I'm not stupid and that of course I considered it, but that I believe that he loves me and that that's why I married him.

So...if you're really married, I don't believe that there is anything to worry about.

Comment

Do you think they would be harder on a couple when the foreign spouse has entered illegaly?
            Have a nice day

Comment

If he/she entered illegallu he/she cannot apply for AOS and therefore there will be no interview.

Unless the AOS came through 245(i) than the scrutiny will be bigger than 'legal' AOS.

The person better not have too many immigrationviolations.
              I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

I would answer a billion intimately personal questions about my marriage if it meant I could just get through this mess and not have to worry about it ever again. If nothing else, my marriage will probably gain strength through this ordeal.

PS 245i is no less legal than any other form of AOS. (no matter how "legalistic" your personality happens to be, a law cannot be illegal.) LOL
                Have a nice day

Comment

Really? Cool. Tell us the intimate details and we'll decide if you would pass or not.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation