X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi please read story, i need help

hi,
    okay this is kinda weird but i need help from you guys.
    okay i am an iligal immigrant from Mexico i have lived here in the USA all my life, since i was like 1 even younger. I went to school i graduated high school even went to college but was too expensive for me. i met this lovely lady that is a citizen born here in the us. about 2 1/2 years ago. And we are planning on getting married as soon as i get an engagement ring (lol). I have been working with one of my friends Social Security number and i worked under the table before too. how do i go about this? where can i get some legal help? I need help!
    thank you .
    Hector

hi,
    okay this is kinda weird but i need help from you guys.
    okay i am an iligal immigrant from Mexico i have lived here in the USA all my life, since i was like 1 even younger. I went to school i graduated high school even went to college but was too expensive for me. i met this lovely lady that is a citizen born here in the us. about 2 1/2 years ago. And we are planning on getting married as soon as i get an engagement ring (lol). I have been working with one of my friends Social Security number and i worked under the table before too. how do i go about this? where can i get some legal help? I need help!
    thank you .
    Hector

Comment

You should get an attorney. But as far as I know, if you entered the US with inspection, meaning thru a POE, you should be able to adjust status in the US. If you entered without inspection, w/o a visa, you will provably have to leave the US and file a waiver.
      Good luck

Comment

standard procedure: you can get residency and then divorce her as soon as you get it, claim abuse or bonafide marriage waivers; see many posts under i-751

Comment

>i was like 1 even younger

Even younger? Did your parents know, they could've even registered your birth in the US before you hit your 1 yr birthday? You could've been a nat. born american all this time.

-= nav =-

Comment

Hi. I don't know if what Moondin is saying is true, but it can't hurt you to look into it.

As for everything else, well there are basically a couple of possibilities here - and you will pretty much need to contact a lawyer or other immigration law expert.

1. You have been in the USA since you were less than 1, you were not brought in by your own choice, and have been here more than 10 years. There may be a chance that you can simply adjust status.... especially since you probably entered before 1996 when the more stringent laws were put into place.

2. You have been in the country illegally for over 10 years. You could leave the USA and file for residency from Mexico, but you would also need to file the I-601 waiver proving extreme hardship to your spouse. This would be under the current laws, but might require you to be outside the USA (and away from your spouse) for a year or more.

3. More likely, you are not subject to the 10 year bar, as you entered the country prior to 1996. Therefore, the previous laws were somewhat different, and much nicer, and you should be grandfathered in by them... maybe you can adjust status or go through an easier application process.

Finally, if your friend is a USC, get the heck away from his SS# asap - if you are thought to proclaim that you are a USC, while knowing that you are not a USC, you may be barred from the USA for 20-life.

Good Luck to you!!!

www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Sooner or later people in your situration will be able to adjust, especially depending on how and when you have some kind of basis for adjustment after you turned 18 yrs. of age. because the barr of inadmissiability does not apply to you untill you turn 18 + 6 months (3 yr ban) and 1 yr. later respectively (10 yr. ban).

But once you're 18 you gotta go by the rules, working to survive may be forgiven if you're adjusting your status based on a USC spouse, but using a fraudelent I.D. or SS# may not be forgiven. Especially if you're using this id without the knowledge of the other, if the other person knows about it, he is punishable too. In any case, because of this working with someone else's ss#, I would consult an attorney because it complicates matters.

Claiming to be a USC is a felony and makes you permanently ineligable to adjust and immediatly removable, claiming to have a working authorization or being an LPR is not as serious, but it's not welcomed by BCIS.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation