Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happened today!!!!

Do you think someone will let me work as RN without EAD? I just tried my luck today, I went out to look for a job and a hospital is very interested to hire me. They let me fill out an application but I told them that I don't have EAD but married to USC and been here for 10 years now. They seem very interested in fact they offer me a $10,000 bonus if I sign up for 1 year. They said they'll contact their HR from the main headquarter if they can make a special accomodation to me. I doubt if this will go through because if they will let me work, they'll be violating a federal offense right?
    I could feel the agony of the Director of Nursing. She said she really in need of a lot of nurses, if this won't be filled out her patients are gonna suffer. It's just a waste, they can use my talent and service and help the community but because of this EAD I can't do anything.
    What do you think, is there any special arrangements out their for proffessinals?

Do you think someone will let me work as RN without EAD? I just tried my luck today, I went out to look for a job and a hospital is very interested to hire me. They let me fill out an application but I told them that I don't have EAD but married to USC and been here for 10 years now. They seem very interested in fact they offer me a $10,000 bonus if I sign up for 1 year. They said they'll contact their HR from the main headquarter if they can make a special accomodation to me. I doubt if this will go through because if they will let me work, they'll be violating a federal offense right?
    I could feel the agony of the Director of Nursing. She said she really in need of a lot of nurses, if this won't be filled out her patients are gonna suffer. It's just a waste, they can use my talent and service and help the community but because of this EAD I can't do anything.
    What do you think, is there any special arrangements out their for proffessinals?

Comment

(their) there
      (professional)

Comment

What's your immigration status? green card?, citizen? or illegal? You said you've been married to a USC and lived here for 10 years.

If you have a green card or are a zitizen, you don't need an EAD. EAD is for people who are not LPR or citizen.

Comment

We already processed everything, I got approved for my I-130. We sent out payment for I-485, had taped interview, pic taking, finger print and all. But they required me to apply for I- 601 because I came here with different name.
          Since my husband was in the military, we moved quite often, we never had a chance to finish the whole process.
          We consulted a lawyer in NJ, he told us that I'm in legal status because we filed for adjustment of status on time. It's just a matter of getting it done.BTW, allpapers were filed 10 years ago.

Comment

Update to my story: I went to the hospital again and they gave me an acceptance letter which I could use if I ever get my EAD.They gave me $25.00 / hr plus $4.00 differential plus other benefits and besides they are in the process of raising their payrates to attract other nurses.Oh boy, I was so giggly, never in my lifetime been offered this much. The only problem is, they can't let me start to work unless I have an EAD. I went home crying, it's like I'm too close to my dream but too far to reach it.My husband was still home and he picked up the phone. He called the INS in our place and told her our situation.She asked why it took us so long to finish up the paperwork, he said because the lawyer's fee is unreachable,she said "you don't need any lawyer for this. Come to the office and show us your approval letter and any receipt re- transactions with immigration office. Since your papers are in another state, you need to write them a letter and let them transfer her file to our office then write the D.C. about the update. If you have the acceptance letter and she is a license US nurse then we will give special consideration for that because our community is in dire need of nurses, doctors and highly skilled individuals." When I heard this, you won't believe the jumping, thumping and crying and laughing. Before ,we felt so helpless but now, we are so bold to do anything, happen what may. What are they gonna do, deport me? I didn't do any crimes here except to be with my American family.

Comment

I remember you told me before I coudn't apply for EAD while waiting for my papers to be transferred where I'm at now. Have you had experience before? I'm getting paranoid again because the INS officer my husband talked to today said that we can get it right away tomorrow if we get to the office in person. How true is it ? Do you know someone who had done this before? If we apply for EAD, can we pay them by money order or personal check.I really need an input today because we are going there tomorrow early AM.

Comment

Great news (un)Lucky!

Nurses are a BIG BIG BIG commodity in the US and in great need, they are taking nurses from all over the world to come here and work.

I will pray tonight that everything works out and they can give you an interim or expedited EAD card.

I do not know if they can, but there is nothing like the power of prayer!

Goodluck to you and don't be paranoid...Positive thinking and positive energy only.

Comment

Now ic you're in AOS. Nurse is in great demand and your husband being in military should help too. Sounds like you got lucky and talked to some nice people at INS. That doesn't happen often so it'd be best your husband goes with you to the INS office tomorrow.

They can certainly issue your an EAD card in a very short period of time. At the very least I think you can get a letter showing that you're in the process of applying for it so you can show to the hospital. Good luck.

Comment

I noticed you separate the un from my lucky, that's so clever of you. I can't help myself from laughing. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.

Comment

I don't understand why you said I'm in AOS. What does it mean? Will you explain it to me further because I really don't know what my status is, since I didn't do anything about my papers for 10 years.BTW, my husband is no longer in the service.
                      May you clarify to me about asking INS for a letter that I could work at the interim while I'm processing my EAD.Please, I really need your advice . Have you heard anyone doing this? Thank you very much and I'll keep you guys posted. I love you all.

Comment

My husband and I went to the INS this morning, and we thought we are the first people to arrive. We were there @ 7:00 AM and they open @ 8:00. Guess what, we were told to go home because they can only serve this many people in a day. So, to make long story short, we didn't get my EAD today.We will try on Mon to get there as early as 3:00 AM and I'll keep you guys posted. sob! sob! sob!

Comment

Which INS office was that?

Comment

We went to Bloomington, Mn

Comment

Double check that it is open on Monday (Columbus Day)

Still praying for ya!

B

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs