Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP WITH I-601 WAIVER

15 months later after having an adjustment of status interview in Dallas,TX, I have not heard or recieved any thing from the I.N.S. regarding the I-601 waiver I filed,except that the application fee has been cashed. It is impossible to find info from the customer service hotline,as they cannot help,even after submitting several status enquires,nor can the Dallas District Office If I go in person and write a status enquiry in person.The government website does not give processing times either. The information provided does not help at all with my case except to download the I-601 form. I didnt recieve a 13 didgit receipt number either so I can check my case.Can any one help me????I contacted a congress member a month ago and she hasnt heard anything back and its been a month ago. Can someone help me. A voice or a cry will never be heard until someone listens and I hope that one of you may do that. Thank you....The Irish

15 months later after having an adjustment of status interview in Dallas,TX, I have not heard or recieved any thing from the I.N.S. regarding the I-601 waiver I filed,except that the application fee has been cashed. It is impossible to find info from the customer service hotline,as they cannot help,even after submitting several status enquires,nor can the Dallas District Office If I go in person and write a status enquiry in person.The government website does not give processing times either. The information provided does not help at all with my case except to download the I-601 form. I didnt recieve a 13 didgit receipt number either so I can check my case.Can any one help me????I contacted a congress member a month ago and she hasnt heard anything back and its been a month ago. Can someone help me. A voice or a cry will never be heard until someone listens and I hope that one of you may do that. Thank you....The Irish

Comment

Hi Irish, my fiance applied for an I-601 in November and the check was just cashed 3 weeks ago. He called the consulate and they said to check back next week. On the cashed check, right on the front, is the case number. He's coming over on a fiance visa, so I never heard of needing this waiver for an AOS. Is there a consulate office you can call?
      Best of luck

Comment

Failte! Assuming you are married to a USC, the USC can contact their congressperson/senator to request information on the status of the application.

It may take a little while, but a persistent office should be able to provide some assistance (not necessarily in approval but) in finding out what stage it is in and/or what is happening with it!

Good luck!

Comment

I Filed I 601 in October but I didn't hear from consulate. Can someone tell me what is average processing time for 1 601?

Comment

depends on the place... the average I have generally heard is about 1 year... however some places are longer and others, such as canada may be shorter (i.e. 6 weeks)... but in general I would count on waiting about a year.

Comment

What is the average time for the consulate in Gudalajara? We will probably end up having to file a I-601 there.
              Have a nice day

Comment

the best way to find out is to call the embassy/consulate in Guadalajara and ask.

My guess is one year... but I really don't know

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed