Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Sammy/Umesh/Mohan

I found this info at a website called visalaw.com.
    "Lawful permanent residents who obtained their status through marriage as a spouse of a US citizen or permanent resident are precluded for a period of five years from getting approval for second-preference visa petition filed for a new spouse. The bar does not apply if the petition can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that the relevant earlier marriage was not entered into for purposes of getting a green card. It also does not apply if the first spouse died."
    I would like to know if this is really a law?

I found this info at a website called visalaw.com.
    "Lawful permanent residents who obtained their status through marriage as a spouse of a US citizen or permanent resident are precluded for a period of five years from getting approval for second-preference visa petition filed for a new spouse. The bar does not apply if the petition can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that the relevant earlier marriage was not entered into for purposes of getting a green card. It also does not apply if the first spouse died."
    I would like to know if this is really a law?

Comment

YEs, this is real and apply to protct the marriage fraud. and time limit is five years.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation