Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • update

    hi guys. I just wanted to let you know that I met with my lawyer today, and she said that in actuality about 70% of waivers get approved. I am not sure if she was talking about overall or just the I-601 - but either way the general conversation sounded a lot more positive than 10% (ok so it sounded like a range of 10%-70%) but I thought I would share the news that it might not be as difficult as we all imagined (At least I hope not!!)

    Hope you all had a good turkey day (even if you didn't celebrate)

  • #2
    That's a very positive update. I believe the board will be hearing some success stories soon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Could u be more clear! Is it about 10% of success or 10% of failure.
      Thank u!

      Comment


      • #4
        Spouse,
        Thank you for posting that news That's the most positive thing I have heard in a long, long time.
        I wonder which types of waivers this includes, and how accurate of an estimate that really is...
        but positive news none the less

        Thanks again!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi guys. Bibi - That is anywhere from a 10% chance of success to a 70% chance of success for waivers. This depends on where, who, and what mood, etc. But, it sounds like there may actually be a chance for well-prepared waivers (although there is still a 30%-90% failure rate).

          I will definitely keep everyone posted on the process (which is driving me nuts... trust me a good lawyer really earns their money - even if it is $10,000 or more!!!)

          Take Care!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Juju.. i know it definitely includes the I-601, although I am not sure if it is alone. Also it appears that if processing is done internally (i.e. without being sent out of the embassy/ins office or other place of interview) results might actually be obtained in 2 months or less!

            ok gotta get back to work!

            Comment


            • #7
              Waivers are at 10% @ approval. Normally aliens are filling the waiver of I-601 , either are not eligible for the waivers OR got denials because incomplete information . If the waiver is approvable the INS Ask alien to file the I-601, if not then most probably alien is not eilgible.
              Yes! I-212 has the rate of 70 %, but it does not make any difference in some cases.

              Comment


              • #8
                well that's not always true mohan.
                INS asked me to file for a waiver I601 and they
                denied it 3 times !!!
                I am working on another one with new facts .

                Comment


                • #9
                  A waiver won't get approved until is filed a couple of times with INS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you have any experience waivers to share with us ? How do you know that ?
                    I filed mine three times and I am about to file it again for the 4th time ((

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AAA - from what I understand your application was not filed correctly and it was and I-601. Please correct me if I am wrong.

                      That will put you in the denial percentage which from what Mohan writes is about 90% or even if there is a fluke and there is a higher approval rate such as 70%, there is still a 30% chance of denial. Unfortunately, if your waiver was not filed correctly it definitely gives it a higher chance of being in the denial area... Although I do hope that your new application is approved.

                      Waivers your statement is very interesting, can you elaborate on how you obtained that information. I have to admit that I am still naive and hoping for a first time approval, but if I need to prepare myself for another submission before the waiver is approved, I would like to know it now.

                      Thanks everyone for your input.

                      Comment

                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                      Home Page

                      Immigration Daily

                      Archives

                      Processing times

                      Immigration forms

                      Discussion board

                      Resources

                      Blogs

                      Twitter feed

                      Immigrant Nation

                      Attorney2Attorney

                      CLE Workshops

                      Immigration books

                      Advertise on ILW

                      EB-5

                      移民日报

                      About ILW.COM

                      Connect to us

                      Questions/Comments

                      SUBSCRIBE

                      Immigration Daily



                      Working...
                      X