Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okie Celt - Who should file? Wife or Mother

Okie Celt, thanks for previous reply. Have done a lot of reading past 2 days on board and have a better idea of what is involved. Question now is would it be easier, if possible at all, for husband's mother (who is naturalized citizen) to file for him or me who is USC. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Okie Celt, thanks for previous reply. Have done a lot of reading past 2 days on board and have a better idea of what is involved. Question now is would it be easier, if possible at all, for husband's mother (who is naturalized citizen) to file for him or me who is USC. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Comment

Montego:

You MUST see an attorney. Only an attorney can tell you what, if anything, can be done. Criminal issues are complex. Seldom is there a "simple" answer.

Find an immigration attorney in your city to help you. Keep us posted.

Okie Celt

Comment

Okie,
        Visited lawyer today who suggested bringing husband here as "just visiting." Stated that he may or may not be permitted to do so. Also stated that should he make it to US, length of stay will be determined by customs officer that he encounters when and if he gets here. Will not be eligible for any kind or permanent residency because of past drug offense. Suggested that I also order copy of husband's criminal record for a fee of $350.00 to him. Is there any way I can request this record myself under FOIA? Offense took place in New York. He also stated that husband may be looked upon as a candidate not to return to his country because of his many ties here, i.e. wife, mother, siblings and other family memebers. Made no promises but said it was at least worth a try. Will appreciate any response. Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation