Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my fiancee and i wish to get married

i am a us citizen, he is from denmark. we.ve known each other for almost year. what do we need to do so that we can get married . he wants to work and attend DEVRY ( a tech. college) . what about work permits and or sponsers? would apprec. any help.

i am a us citizen, he is from denmark. we.ve known each other for almost year. what do we need to do so that we can get married . he wants to work and attend DEVRY ( a tech. college) . what about work permits and or sponsers? would apprec. any help.

Comment

Apply for a fiance visa, get him over here, get married and file more paperwork.

Just look for fiance on the INS website, it's under FAQ.

www.ins.gov

Comment

are there any who have went through this before ? please advise.

Comment

Please, online dating does not work. Are you afraid of American beef or do you like Danish pastries?

Comment

he was right, file for a fiance visa. when he gets here, get married then adjust status.

or you can marry there, and when you get here, petition for him.

the first option is faster, by the way. if you cannot wait to be with each other

Comment

To "Me":

I met my husband online.....and we've been married for 4 years and have a beautiful little girl.

God works in mysterious ways sometimes....

Comment

I agree, I met with my wife online too... But I was in the US...

As far as I know, you must meet your fiance physically at least once in order to obtain finace visa...

Comment

Yes you do bushmaster.

Comment

Online dating is for desperate people. It is definitely not one of God's mysterious ways.

Comment

Whatever...i wasn't looking for someone.

You don't know me or him or our story.

Comment

I am with Marie, neither my wife nor I was desperate, it just happened, and the way it happened, I still say it was a God's miracle...

He knows our needs, and he gives us what we need!

Comment

http://k1.exit.com/
                          This is the best site out there for going through the process it explains EVERYTHING you need to know. They also have a very helpfull message board over there, unlike all the crap on this board (this is my first time to this site and it is absolutely pathetic - I won't be back!)

If you need further help, contact me direct jetrim@bellsouth.net

Comment

i have to agree with bushmaster and marie about internet relationship. They do work. I have been with my fiance for almost 2 years now and we met on the internet. Neither of us were desperate and we were not looking for someone. However we met each other and then everything changed. So to anyone that doesn't think that internet relationship can work, they can. And it isn't just about desperate people looking for someone to be with. You may have gotten burnt by someone on the internet but that doesn't mean that everyone does. I consider my meeting my fiance and very soon to be husband a miracle and a blessing.

Comment

I've been through the K-1 Visa process, and the most difficult part is the waiting. I'd be happy to help you with any questions you might have.
                              Much luck!
                              Kent

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs