LEARN OUR HISTORY AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR WRONG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here to make this country better ??? Ya right. 32 billion we need spent here to help our country, sent to buy property in Mexico, where he will be going back too, we are tried of being played for ****ERS

With Fewer Dollars to Go Around, More Are Going Around World
    By DAISY HERNÁNDEZ

bel Portillo scanned the currency exchange rates at the Delgado Travel Agency in Jackson Heights, Queens. He used to send $500 a month to his mother in Veracruz, Mexico, but now he sends twice as much, and he wants to be sure that the rates are favorable.

Mr. Portillo began sending his mother more money so she could buy property. After three years in New York, he said, "I want to leave soon."

Advertisement

And when he does, he expects to have land that his mother bought in Mexico and to be able to start a business. In the meantime, he manages a nightclub in Manhattan and stands in line at Delgado Travel, where men and women wait beneath the glow of pink neon signs each Friday night to send money home.

Comment

IMMIGRANT USE OF WELFARE HAS CLIMBED TO PRE-REFORM LEVELS

One of the aims of the 1996 welfare reform law was to reduce
      immigrants' dependency on welfare handouts. That worked
      initially. But by 2001, immigrants were consuming more welfare
      than they did before the reforms were passed, according to a
      report from the Center for Immigration Studies.

o The report found that 21.9 percent of households led by
      immigrants relied on at least one welfare program in 1996.

o That fell to 19.7 percent in 1999, but by 2001 it had
      climbed to 22.7 percent.

o Moreover, in 1996 immigrants accounted for 14.2 percent of
      households relying on welfare -- which climbed to 17.9
      percent in 2001.

o More than three million immigrant families were enrolled
      in a welfare program in 2001 -- with about 2.4 million
      families being led by legal entrants and 663,000 led by
      illegals.

The study also reported that education levels are a key indicator
      of whether households will rely on welfare. Some 42 percent of
      households led by immigrants who dropped out of high school use
      welfare. But only 10 percent of immigrant households led by some
      one with a college education are on welfare.

"You can't cut immigrants off of welfare," claims Steven A.
      Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies. "You're going to
      have to accept the fact that they are using a lot more programs,
      or you're going to have to change immigration policy," he adds.

Source: Stephan Dinan, "Immigrant Use of Welfare Increases,"
      Washington Times, March 18, 2003.
      For text
      http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030318-87378950.htm

For more on Welfare
      http://www.ncpa.org/iss/wel/

ILLEGAL ALIENS STRAINING HEALTH-CARE SYSTEM

Many foreign nationals enter the United States illegally through
      the 24 counties touching Mexico that run from Brownsville in
      south Texas all the way to San Diego. They take great risks to
      sneak across the border, making them prone to injury. As a
      result, the aliens find themselves crowding U.S. border hospitals
      and forcing the have-not locals to pick up the tab.

Federal law requires emergency rooms to accept all comers
      regardless of their citizenship or their ability to pay for
      services. The problem is becoming acute, says John J. Miller.
      For example:

o Schaefer Ambulance Service, which handles 911 calls along
      California's border, has written off more than $620,000
      over the last six years for uncompensated services
      provided to illegal aliens.

o In 2000, hospitals and emergency-service providers lost
      more than $200 million because they weren't reimbursed for
      treatment given to illegal aliens.

o Individual physicians may have lost another $100 million,
      according to a study sponsored by the United States/Mexico
      Border Counties Coalition.

Many border-area hospitals are being forced to cut back services
      or to close their doors entirely, which means that out-of-control
      immigration has become not only an inconvenience for millions of
      Americans, but a public-health hazard, according to Miller.

The Tucson Medical Center is about to unplug its medical trauma
      center. The only other trauma center in the city is also in
      serious trouble: the University Medical Center expects to lost about $ 5 million this year because of foreign nationals, up from
      $4 million last year.

The problem isn't confined to border counties, either. Jesica
      Santillan -- whose case recently drew national attention after
      Duke University botched her organ transplant -- wan an illegal
      alien whose family entered the United States without visas for
      the express purpose of receiving medical care.

Source: John J. Miller, "Caring for Illegals, Losing Their
      Shirts: The effect of the wave on border-state medical services,"
      March 24, 2003, National Review.

For more information
      http://www.nationalreview.com/

For more on Effects of Immigration
      http://www.ncpa.org/iss/imm/

Immigration Sponsors Should Repay Welfare
      By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

FOX News
      http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...ive/index.html
      March 22, 2003

WASHINGTON - Approaching yet another arena in the ongoing debate over United States immigration policy, Rep. Tom Tancredo says he wants immigrant sponsors to repay any public assistance used by their charges once they get here.

"State budgets are being strained to an incredible degree," Tancredo, R-Colo., said. "There is a federal law that can help."

Indeed there is.

As part of the massive welfare reform overhaul of 1996, a section of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act requires all sponsors of immigrants under the family reunification visa to sign a pledge accepting liability for any welfare services obtained by the sponsored immigrant in the period before they obtain citizenship. Any programs used must be reimbursed by the sponsor.

Comment

This is all very typical and expected. People always find others to blame for their own problems. "Real" patriotic americans have to blame somebody for their country's economic woes and consequently blame immigrants. And yes, although Mr. Done-his-homework is placing the blame on illegal immigrants, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see his contempt for immigrants in general, and I reckon there are much more legal than illegal immigrants. And it doesn't stop there. Immigrants and citizens of certain minority groups will blame other minority groups for their problems. Blacks blaming arabs, hispanics blaming russians, asians blaming hispanics, arabs blaming blacks, russians blaming asians, etc, etc and so forth. And we have Democrats blaming republicans, conservatives blaming liberals, blue collar blaming white collar.

The point is, no one seems to look at themself in the mirror and say, "I am responsible for what I am." Blaming others for your problems is just a stupid form of denial and it doesn't solve your problems in the least. It just makes everything worse because now you've got mutual hatred to deal with. Enough already.

Comment

MY HUSBAND WILL GET HIS GREENCARD AND THEN HIS CITIZENSHIP AND OUR CHILDREN WILL BE BILINGUAL AND THEY WILL BEAT YOUR CHILDREN IN THE JOB MARKET. WHITE IS FADING AWAY. YOU CAN SIT AND GET ANGRY WHILE WASTING HOURS VENTING ON BOARDS WHERE PEOPLE COME FOR LEGAL ADVISE BUT IN THE END, THE JOKE WILL BE ON YOU. CALIFORNIA WAS ONCE A PART OF MEXICO AND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT IT IS BECOMING THAT WAY AGAIN. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PROTEST OR WHO YOU VOTE FOR. MOST NON-HISPANIC CALIFORNIANS HAVE AT LEAST ONE HISPANIC RELATIVE. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS' CHILDREN ARE US CITIZENS. IN 20 YEARS, NATIVE, US CITIZEN HISPANICS WILL BE THE VOTING MAJORITY IN CALIFORNIA. THEY WILL NOT FORGET SO EASILY THIER PARENTS' PLIGHT OF BEING IMMIGRANTS. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO SPONSOR THIER ALIEN RELATIVES TO COME HERE LEGALLY. THERE WILL BE NO WAY TO MAKE THEM LEAVE BECAUSE THEY WILL BE US CITIZENS. YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE A MINORITY AND THEY WILL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR THAT REASON. MY CHILDREN WILL NOT. THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THIS STATE OR THIS COUNTRY. THE WORLD IS CHANGING AND PEOPLE ARE MIXING. YOUR CHILDREN WILL PERHAPS MARRY HISPANICS. WHY NOT? IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM (AND TRUST ME, YOU WONT) THEN YOU'D BETTER JOIN THEM. I HOPE THAT THEY BLAME ALL OF THIER PROBLEMS ON YOU WHEN THEY ARE IN POWER. YES, THE CHILDREN OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WILL GAIN POWER THROUGH THIER MASSIVE NUMBERS. THEY ARE RAPIDLY ADVANCING IN SOCIETY. THERE ARE MORE HISPANICS IN COLLEGE NOW THAN EVER BEFORE. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. I AM NOT HISPANIC BUT MY CHILDREN WILL BE AND THEY WILL BE PART OF THE MAJORITY. GIVE UP ON WISHING THEM AWAY. IT SIMPLY IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU'D BEST ENROLL IN A SPANISH CLASS AND START PRACTICING YOUR TASTE FOR SPICY FOOD. IF YOU RESIST, YOU WILL ONLY MAKE YOURSELF MISERABLE. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. WHO CARES IF YOUR NEIGHBORS ARE BROWN? THEY CAN STILL BE GOOD NEIGHBORS. YOUR GRANDCHILDREN COULD BE BROWN. WHO CARES? WON'T YOU STILL LOVE THEM? IF THE ANSWER IS NO THEN YOU NEED TO RE-CONSIDER.

Comment

You have trashed the 5 fh biggest econmie in the world, you are bankrupt, your hospitals are closing and yes it is starting to look juist like mexico, a garbage dump.What do have to be so proud of?? Schools overcrowed, cost of living through the roof, highest murder rate in the U.S. , biggest gang problem ,18th street gang, made up of illegal aliens. The state will implode on itself just as it is doing, natives are leaving by the truckloads along with the jobs that surport it, 28 % work under the table costing state 1.1 billion dollars in lost taxes ETC...You will get no help from the rest of the states that will be for sure, so enjoy while you can because it will blow up in your face in time.You act the same way in Mexico and look at it.

Comment

Dropout Rates

Hispanic students have higher high school dropout rates than White or Black students.

Young adults who do not finish high school are more likely to be unemployed and earn less when they are employed than those who complete high school.4 The percentage of 16- to 24-year-olds who are out of school and who have not earned a high school credential, such as a General Educational Development (GED) credential, is called the status dropout rate. In 2000, the status dropout rate for Hispanics was 28 percent, higher than the 7 percent rate for Whites and the 13 percent rate for Blacks. The status dropout rate for Hispanics declined by 7 percentage points between 1972 and 2000; for Whites the rate declined by 5 percentage points and for Blacks by 8 percentage points.

The average status dropout rate for Hispanics is partly attributable to the markedly higher dropout rates among Hispanic immigrants; more than one-half of Hispanic immigrants never enrolled in a U.S. school, but are included as high school dropouts if they did not complete high school in their country of origin.5 The 2000 status dropout rate for Hispanics born outside the United States (44 percent) is higher than the rate for first-generation Hispanic youth (15 percent).6 However, among youth born in the United States, both first- and second-generation Hispanics are still more likely to drop out than their counterparts of other races/ethnicities (supplemental table 3.3).7

Comment

I just wanted to say I am sorry for stooping to a somewhat emotional response to your viotrol yesterday. It is not my general practice to fight hate with rudeness. To answer your question my husband is in good standing with the INS and working legally, although he was out of status for several years. He is from South America,not Mexico which you assumed.

Anyway. I did wonder if you personally knew anyone living here who was not born in America? If you perhaps were basing even part of your opinion on experience or pulling everthing from anti-immigration opinion pieces only? Just a question.

Comment

I have many friends for all over the world, the point is they did it legally. They are the ones who get screwed by those that don't. They have overwhelmed all our immigration services making it hard on those in the process of legal immigration and have caused increased tenison and enforcement. I just came from giving testimony for one who is being deported under moral turpitude laws , they spit on the sidewalk and get deported, the others commit 3 felonies and nothing is done to them, where is the fairness in that ? We have one law here right, good for all ? Well not according to you folks who seem to want obey what laws you like and the ones you don't like well ,too bad right? We all can find good excuses not to obey our laws , if I commit 3 felonies what happens to me? Do I get a get of jail free card NO! So I stand for my country which I owe, not my government, 85% of citizens in this country are against illegal immigration but those that come in the cover of night could careless about there follow human beings and the damage they do to us and we are the bigots, look in the mirror, the very freedom you seek ,you destroy with your actions.

Comment

WHERE IS YOUR CONCERN FOR CITIZENS THAT ARE BEING MURDERED AT THE HANDS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS, YOU SEEM TO ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR WELL BEING . NOT ONE OF THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE DEAD, THE BLOOD IS ALSO ON YOUR HANDS AS YOU ALL PROMOTE AND JUSTIFIY YOUR BEHAVIOR, YOUR SAD EXCAUSES FOR HUMAN BEINGS I GUESS.

Real" immigrants come through our Immigration System.
                    There is a purpose for our immigration laws - to do background checks and protect the American people from foreign criminals, terrorists & contagious disease. When people come through legally, Americans are not murdered, raped, robbed, nor get contagious diseases from other countries, etc. and we get "real" immigrants, decent law-abiding immigrants, who want to be part of our country, our language and our values.

Last year, 3,000 US citizens were murdered by Arabic terrorists - many of them illegals (3 came through Mexico). Last month, an illegal from the Caribbean, Malvo, and his friend murdered 11 US citizens.

A month before that, a young 28-yr. old American Forest Ranger, Chris Eggles, was murdered by Mexican illegals. Yesterday, a Salvadoran illegal, Navarrete Camacho, who murdered a young American theology student was caught sneaking back into the US across the Mexican border.

Border Patrol are being constantly shot at by illegals, among them drug dealers and even Federales who sneak across our border. These young Americans risk their lives and get no support and that's why they leave their jobs but the media will not tell you this.

Francisco Resendez Ramirez, a Mexican illegal murdered, authorities believe, 36 American citizens (and those are just the ones they know about). 25% of all the prisons in Arizona are made up of illegals: each one of them has commited a felony against U.S. citizens: murder, rape, robbery, the list goes on and on. Americans living on/near the border are being raped, robbed, murdered everyday but the media does not mention this either. Hundreds of illegals run over people's yards and US citizens live in constant fear and cannot leave their homes. The media will not tell you about this either. We are just told about the poor people who are coming for jobs at a time when 7 MILLION Americans are unemployed and thousands being laid off daily.

Illegals don't just take agricultural jobs - they take any job they can get and their documents are made by the best laser equipment drug money can buy so American employers can't tell the difference. Stop blaming the employers and stop the illegals from coming in. THOSE HERE MUST BE SENT BACK.

Mr. Simcox is one of the few people trying to do something, anything, to protect the American people living on the border from terrorists and drug dealers because the government is not doing what is its duty - to protect American citizens. He is being maligned as threatening "poor people with toothbrushes in their backpack" (give me a break!) when he is one of the few Americans doing anything to rectify the situation and he should not have to be risking his life - the Government should be protecting the American people! Americans have a right to protect themselves and don't forget it.

Why are illegals more important than Americans living in terror on the border? Why are illegals more important than American citizens? Why are illegals more important than "real immigrants (legal ones)"? The government has the power (we have men in 21 countries, bring them home from one of them!) but Pres. Bush wishes to allow Fox of a foreign government to dictate our country's policies when Fox doesn't care a hoot about ours.

Wake up America before it is too late! It may be too late already. We have millions of faceless, nameless people in this country amongst them people who want our downfall and we don't even know where they are nor whom they are and they continue to come in hordes across the border. In time of War, they will not even be in our forces fighting for us.

This is not a question of racism - it is a question of protecting our country and our people.

Our hospitals and trauma centers are closing down in AZ, CA, TX and all over the country while illegals get millions of dollars each year of free health care and US citizens cannot afford health insurance. Our schools are burdened paying for foreign students who don't belong here and who want to speak their own language.

What is wrong with this picture!

There is a similarly outrageous problem in other parts of the world, millions of people overrunning other countries and one such country in Africa has already gone bankrupt. We will also go bankrupt and are fast becoming a third world country filled with people who owe no allegiance to our country, who just take what they can - anyway they know how with phony documents. They take benefits US citizens have worked for. Our benefits are being completely depleted. Benefits and resources are not infinite. Once they are used up, they are used up.

Our borders are open as the Democrats and Republicans wanted and we will be bombed again and it will be the fault of people like Raul Grijalva and Isabel Garcia who care not for this country but just for their own ethnicity and who want more power for their own. When we are bombed again, a lot of it will be their fault.

Instead of investigating people who are trying to protect US citizens, perhaps they should be investigated to see if they are supporters of "Aztlan" - the Mexican group that supports violence and wishes to take back seven (7) US states and give it to Mexico. Our borders are almost completely open and Arabs have been caught from 11 countries being brought in illegally by "coyotes" (Mexican illegal people traffickers).

Do we have to be bombed again to figure out we must close our borders and guard them with our lives. How many more Americans must die before we wake up. Not one more American should have to die because of illegals!

Gang beats, rapes woman in Qns. park
                    written by TRACY CONNOR
                    reported by: KERRY BURKE, MICHELE McPHEE, RICHARD WEIR, and WARREN WOODBERRY JR.

New York Daily News
                    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...3p-42694c.html
                    December 21, 2002

The rapists, all homeless Mexican immigrants, are put into a police van in Queens.

On a desolate fringe of a Queens park, a gang of homeless men [illegal aliens] set upon a woman and dragged her into their squalid encampment, raping her for two hours while cops mounted a frantic search.

The 42-year-old victim finally was rescued when a police dog picked up her scent, tracked her to the hobo jungle and sank his teeth into one of the men [illegal alien] who brutalized her, authorities said.

"It is a horrendous crime," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said as the five assailants were booked on kidnapping, robbery, rape and sodomy charges.

The attack occurred at 10 p.m. Thursday at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, on a deserted pedestrian path linking Shea Stadium and the National Tennis Center.

Sitting on a bench, the woman and a male friend were jumped by a band of what police called homeless Mexican immigrants[illegal aliens] who beat and robbed them.

Flowers for Sister Helen

09/03/02
                    By PETER MARTINI
                    Email this story to a friend

A bouquet of flowers rests on the fence along the A Canal bike path where Sister Helen Chaska, 53, was attacked and killed Sunday.
                    DA to seek death penalty

Klamath County District Attorney Ed Caleb said he will seek the death penalty against the man suspected of murdering a nun Sunday along the A Canal bike path in Klamath Falls.

Maximiliano Cilerio Esparza, 32, was scheduled for arraignment at 1:30 today on multiple charges including murder, aggravated murder and kidnapping.

He was arrested in connection with the rape and beating death early Sunday of Sister Helen Chaska, 53, of Bellevue, Wash. She was in Klamath Falls doing missionary work.

Sister Linda Schoenhoefn, 52, who was traveling with Chaska, was also raped and beaten. She returned to her motel room and reported the incident to authorities at 2:22 a.m. Sunday.

"We feel the death penalty is the only fair justice in this case," Caleb said. "A nun was brutally murdered."

An autopsy determined Chaska was strangled to death, and was sexually assaulted.

Authorities said the attack on the nuns may have lasted 30 minute A couple places flowers at the site along the A Canal bike path where Sister Helen Chaska was killed Sunday.
                    s.

Esparza, who is in the United States illegally, apparently came to Klamath Falls aboard a freight train from Portland. The district attorney's office said Esparza may have been working in town, fixing bleachers at high schools.

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org...mevictims.html

For Atkinson I did a motorcycle ride fundraiser to build a bronze monument for him that resides at Kid Street Park recreational center behind the dealership, see it here:
                    http://community.webshots.com/al***/51457658zUTDiC
                    (you can see other photo al***s of mine on the left, fyi)

"¢ Â Marc Atkinson was just 28 when he was shot and killed in a 1999 ambush by an illegal alien from Mexico. Officer Atkinson was a five-year veteran of the Phoenix Police Force, and was survived by his wife Karen, infant son and two siblings. The killer, Felipe Petrona-Cabanas, had around a pound of cocaine in his car when apprehended with two other Mexican nationals. The three came from a farming area in the state of Guerrero near Acapulco, and said they came to the United States to work but couldn't find any. A notable detail in the case is how an armed citizen, Rory Vertigan, came to the aid of the shot officer and helped apprehend the Mexicans, who certainly would have escaped over the border if they could have.

For Sitek we sponsored fund raising for him and I have a car loaned out to his mom for a month while she is here helping him through rehab:
                    "¢ Â Phoenix Police Officer Robert Sitek was shot four times 4/12/03 during a traffic stop altercation with an illegal alien that became violent. Sitek and his partner David Thwing were on routine patrol when a red truck cut off their squad car, and when the officers stopped the truck the driver began shooting. Officer Sitek was in cardiac arrest by the time he reached the hospital and lost a considerable amount of blood. Shooter Francisco A. Gallardo was a "Mexican citizen who had recently completed a seven-year prison term for aggravated assault." He had been deported after his release but had returned to Arizona. Gallardo was shot and killed as he tried to escape by Officer Thwing.
                    Â Â Medical Update, June 5, 2003: Officer Rob Sitek has had a slow but gradually successful recovery from injuries that surely would have been fatal to most. At nearly two months after the shooting, he has pulled out of a three-week coma, is still unable to walk but is determined to do so and eventually return to work.
                    Who let 'Enrique Sosa Alvarez' loose?
                    Michelle Malkin (archive)

June 13, 2003

It's every mother's worst nightmare: A 9-year-old girl, dragged from her San Jose, Calif., home in broad daylight, is kidnapped and raped over three days before being released by her attacker.

The story made headline news all week. Now, here is the story behind the story that the liberal media has failed to tell.

The man arrested and charged with nine felony counts related to the terrifying abduction and sexual assault is an illegal alien. As of this writing, not a single newspaper covering the story has bothered to report on the accused attacker's immigration history. The San Jose Police Department confirmed his illegal status to me in a phone call on Thursday morning. He was arraigned under the name "Enrique Sosa Alvarez," but a fingerprint check identified him as "David Montiel Cruz." As "Cruz," this man was previously convicted of auto theft. Both "Alvarez" and "Cruz" may be aliases. Police spokeswoman Katherine Unger told me: "We just don't know."

Dear Friends,

Here is another indicator that the problems are not going away. There are several more that I have found out about since we arrived home. I'll send on a few for your perusal.

Bonnie Eggle, Kris' mom

Click here: 2 wounded NW of Tucson

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/sat/30510BLMranger.html

Tucson, Arizona
                    Saturday, 10 May 2003

BLM ranger shot in Ironwood Monument

Assailant listed as critical with head wounds

By Thomas Stauffer
                    ARIZONA DAILY STAR

A BLM law enforcement ranger and the man he stopped in a stolen truck were wounded Friday in a gunbattle in the Ironwood Forest National Monument northwest of Tucson, officials said.

The ranger, whom Bureau of Land Management officials declined to identify, was treated and released from University Medical Center.

The man who shot the ranger at about 2:15 p.m. was in critical condition at UMC, said Lorraine Buck, a spokeswoman for the BLM's Tucson field office. His name was also not released.

The ranger, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was shot in the leg and the abdomen, while the other man suffered gunshot wounds to the head, said Buck.

This is the second shooting within a year in a federal park in Southern Arizona that resulted in the death or injury of a ranger.

Ten months ago, 28-year-old Kris Eggle, a National Park Service ranger, was shot dead at the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument 150 miles southwest of Tucson.

Eggle was shot by a man who was fleeing from Mexican police across the border. The man who killed Eggle was then fatally shot by Mexican officers standing on their side of the border.

Author Archive
                    E-mail Author
                    Send to a Friend
                    " target=_blank>Print Version

May 8, 2003 9:45 a.m.
                    Something Rotten in Mexico
                    Our southern neighbor is a haven for murderers.

eri March observed an anniversary last week, but it was not one to be celebrated. One year ago last Tuesday her husband David, a Los Angeles County deputy sheriff, kissed her goodbye and left for work, making the long drive from their home in Saugus, California to the Temple City sheriff's station. It was the last time she would see him alive.

At about 10:40 that morning, Deputy March was patrolling alone in Irwindale, a desolate area of rock quarries and gravel pits 20 miles or so east of downtown Los Angeles. Detectives say he made a traffic stop on a Nissan Maxima driven by Armando Garcia, a methamphetamine dealer already wanted for attempted murder and weapons violations, a man who had vowed to kill any police officer who tried to arrest him. Garcia made good on this promise, dropping the deputy with several shots from a nine-millimeter handgun and leaving him to die in the street. A frantic witness called for help on March's radio, but the best efforts of paramedics and emergency room doctors were for naught. David March was 33.

I attended the funeral a few days later, and the scuttlebutt passing among the gathered cops was that the Maxima had been found and the suspect identified. Let's hope he doesn't make it to Mexico, I said to a colleague at the time. But as it happened that's exactly where Garcia went, and that's where he remains today, free to roam about and enjoy all the earthly pleasures forever denied to David March.

Armando Garcia is but one of many beneficiaries of our southern neighbor's enlightened justice system. More than sixty suspects wanted for murder in Los Angeles County alone are said to be taking refuge in Mexico, whose government is only too willing to see its criminals head for El Norte, yet inexplicably protects them when they return to hide from American courts. Though the Mexican government is corrupt from top to bottom, they nonetheless see themselves as being above this nasty death-penalty business, which we in our depravity seek to impose on such as Armando Garcia. Staking out some minute pinnacle of the moral high ground, Mexico occasionally hands over fugitives wanted for lesser crimes, but refuses to extradite anyone facing the possibility of execution.

Comment

The High Cost of Ignoring Immigration Violations

by James R. Edwards, Jr.
                      Posted Jul 15, 2003

The taxpayers of Oregon can now plan to fund the life imprisonment of a brutal, illegal alien who raped two Catholic nuns and murdered one. The 33-year-old criminal alien from Mexico, Maximiliano Silerio Esparza, copped execution by pleading guilty.

The taxpayers of Brownsville, Tex., can expect to cough up money to jail and try a Mexican citizen"”it's unreported whether she's an illegal or legal immigrant"”who, along with her common-law husband, murdered their three children. Texans must pay for the costs of both prosecutors and publicly appointed defense lawyers.

Maria Angela Camacho and John Allen Rubio reportedly confessed to strangling and decapitating their 2-1¼2-month-old daughter, 1-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.

Criminal aliens strain America's law enforcement and criminal justice resources on a daily basis. America's state and local police come into daily contact with alien lawbreakers as officers go about their duties.

These aliens run the gamut"”from border hoppers who work under the table to terrorists to visa overstayers to gangsters who traffic in illegal immigrants, drugs, prostitutes and weapons.

Police officers come into occasional contact with them. They stop them for routine traffic violations, notice unusual, suspicious behavior or capture them shoplifting or committing another crime.

September 11 terrorist Mohammed Atta was ticketed for driving without a license in Broward County, Fla., in the spring of 2001. Atta had abused his temporary visa by not leaving after its expiration, but local cops didn't know.

A Tulsa, Okla., sheriff's deputy stopped a van on Interstate 244 the night of July 17, 2002. In addition to missing a taillight, the deputy found 18 Mexican illegal aliens.

Bringing state and local law enforcement to bear in nabbing alien lawbreakers could help get the violators off American streets, send them back to their own countries and relieve American taxpayers. Almost 700,000 police officers walk the beats and patrol the streets.

Presently, about three of every 10 foreign-born persons are illegal aliens. And the foreign-born share of the U.S. population stands at more than 11%.

Illegal immigration is a crime that too often goes unpunished, and as a result often becomes a "precursor crime" to other violations of law.

At a minimum, laxity toward illegal immigration has led to a vast network where aliens, including terrorists and their sympathizers, can thrive undetected.

Meanwhile, the borders themselves remain porous. Criminals, smugglers, terrorists and other lawbreakers frequently cross it illegally. This despite the fact that the vast majority of Border Patrol agents man the border.

The interior has very little federal enforcement presence because the federal immigration service has just 2,000 special agents for the whole country.

A holdover Clinton Administration policy continues concerning interior enforcement. It operates on the "we'll make it a little tougher for you to sneak across the border, but once inside our country, we won't touch you" theory.

What have been the consequences of keeping local cops on the sidelines in the enforcement of immigration violations?

A virtual rogues' gallery of criminal illegal aliens has successfully made it into this country. It includes Ingmar Guandique, the suspected killer of Chandra Levy; Lee Malvo, the suspected Washington, D.C., sniper; four homeless Mexicans accused of brutally gang-raping a woman in New York last December; Rafael Resendez Ramirez, the serial "Railroad Killer;" and Mohammed Salameh, a 1993 World Trade Center conspirator/bomber.

Millions of nondescript illegal aliens provide the infrastructure by which the worst ones move about undetected. Run-of-the-mill Latin American illegal aliens assisted some of the September 11 hijackers, helping them to exploit loopholes and fraudulently obtain driver's licenses.

All this comes at a cost. One study puts the criminal alien prison population at 617,152 at both the federal and state levels. They cost taxpayers about $900 million annually, according to this estimate.

Then there's the cost in human terms: pain and suffering of victims and survivors, loss of safety and security. And don't forget undermining of the rule of law, weakening of community, harm to civil society.

To everybody but blinded politicians, anti-American activists and corporatist fatcats, illegal and criminal immigrants pose a tremendous problem. If the homeland is truly to be made secure, then state and local police must help enforce supposedly harmless immigration violations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2003 HUMAN EVENTS. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

I think this post belongs verhere too
                        posted July 15, 2003 08:54 PM
                        I could fill the pages wiseguy

I really like the statement here, However, it is clear that a substantial number of persons come to San Diego County with the express purpose of obtaining citizenship and public benefits without regard for the laws controlling immigration

SUMMARY

Total costs for providing services to the citizen children of illegal aliens cannot be clearly estimated. However, it is clear that a substantial number of persons come to San Diego County with the express purpose of obtaining citizenship and public benefits without regard for the laws controlling immigration. The benefits accruing to citizens are an attraction to illegal aliens and represent a great cost to our County. San Diego County, and many others are facing a financial crisis of critical proportions. Expenditures for services are growing at a frightening rate, with no end in sight. It is the decisions made here in Washington that are often the basis for demands on local government. It is the conclusion of the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego that extending public benefits to those who have entered the country illegally is improper. To resolve many of the problems faced by San Diego County, we strongly urge the federal government to take the following actions:

(1) Reserve citizenship for children of U.S. citizens and those whose presence in this country is legal under immigration laws.

(2) Substantially increase resources provided to the Immigration and Naturalization Service and to theBorder Patrol to control illegal immigration on the border.

(3) Deny eligibility for health, educational, and social services to illegal aliens.

(4) Fully compensate Local Agencies for any costs incurred in providing public services to illegal aliens and their children born in this country.

http://www.house.gov/judiciary/617.htm
                        COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
                        TESTIMONY OF JOAN ZINSER
                        DEPUTY DIRECTOR, COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
                        DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
                        SUBCOMMITTEE ON IMMIGRATION AND CLAIMS AND SUBCOMMITTEE ON THE CONSTITUTION
                        U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
                        DECEMBER 13, 1995

Good morning Chairman Smith and other honorable members of the Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims. I am Joan Zinser, Deputy Director of the San Diego County Department of Social Services. I direct the department's Income Maintenance Bureau, which has responsibility for AFDC, Food Stamps and Medicaid eligibility determinations. I am here today to tell you about the effects of illegal immigration on the County's assistance programs, and to present information regarding impacts on other county-funded services.

To put the concerns of the County of San Diego into some perspective, you will recall that the International Border in San Diego County experiences the world's largest number of crossings, totaling over 70 million crossings per year. This border sector also has the highest number of apprehensions of illegal aliens anywhere in the United States. Studies estimate 1.6 million illegal aliens enter the United States annually through San Diego County, making the impact on our region enormous.

Impacts on San Dien County

In 1993, illegal aliens in San Diego County were estimated to be 7.9% of the population, or a total of almost 220,000 illegal aliens in a county with a population of slightly over 2 1/2 million. A 1993 Calffornia State Senate report estimated that the State, local governments - primarily the County - and schools incurred $304 million in costs to provide services to illegal aliens. These costs were offset by only $60 million in taxes generated by illegal aliens - leaving a net impact of $244 million.

Welfare Costs. When a child is a US citizen, AFDC can be granted for the child but not the parent, if the parent is an undocumented immigrant. In 1992 there were 6,414 children born to undocumented immigrant parents in San Diego County hospitals. Each year, the illegal alien parents of nearly 2000 "citizen children" apply for and receive AFDC in San Diego County. The cumulative total of these "citizen child" cases continues to rise each year.

Public assistance is intended to support the citizen child, but is paid to the illegal alien parent and is, no doubt, used by the parent to support the entire family. Costs for providing AFDC to "citizen children" cases in San Diego totaled $37 million in 1993 for approximately 5430 AFDC cases.

Additional costs are incurred in Child Welfare Services. Combining costs for Out-of-Home and Family Maintenance services to families of illegal aliens results in an additional cost of $1.7 million.

Medicaid and Other Health-Related- Costs. Medicaid services are an increasingly large portion of the costs involved in illegal immigration. In 1992, Medicaid paid for 6,414 births illegal alien mothers. Although studies have shown that illegal aliens use fewer Medicaid services than do the age-equivalent members of the general population, significant costs remain. Delivery costs are greater for babies with mothers lacking adequate prenatal care and many medical conditions are treated more cost-effectively in their early stages. Infectious diseases are also a major concern of the County. San Diego county has historically carried large costs because of illegal aliens with these problems. Costs associated with providing emergency and pregnancy related needs to illegal aliens are paid for under "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." During the 1992 calendar year, an estimated $37 million was paid for "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." Other costs, including uncompensated care in hospitals, community clinics, and other health services elevated the 1993 total costs to over $50 million.

Criminal justice. A recent 90-day pilot project involved having INS Agents present in the county jails to interview those suspected of being an undocumented immigrant. Approximately 20% of the persons booked into the jails during that pilot were identified as being illegal aliens. With annual bookings of approximatel 105,000 persons a year, it is estimated that up to 21,000 were illegal aliens.

According to the San Diego County District Attorney, 8,521 felony crimes were committed by illegal aliens between 1987 and 1992. Illegal aliens commit an estimated 22% of felony crimes committed in the county. The number of misdemeanors committed during the same period in San Diego County by illegal aliens is estimated to be 17,000. In 1993, approximately 15. 1 % of the costs -accrued in dealing with crimes were spent on illegal aliens. Costs for illegal aliens to the legal system totaled $151 million in the County of San Diego for 1993.

Education. Recently, a video of students crossing the border and getting on a school bus in San Diego County in order to receive free education was shown nationwide. Locally, we have worked to make sure that this situation does not recur, but education of the children of illegal aliens is also a significant CDSt. It is estimated that $60 million was spent in San Diego County in 1993 for education of illegal aliens.

SUMMARY

Total costs for providing services to the citizen children of illegal aliens cannot be clearly estimated. However, it is clear that a substantial number of persons come to San Diego County with the express purpose of obtaining citizenship and public benefits without regard for the laws controlling immigration. The benefits accruing to citizens are an attraction to illegal aliens and represent a great cost to our County. San Diego County, and many others are facing a financial crisis of critical proportions. Expenditures for services are growing at a frightening rate, with no end in sight. It is the decisions made here in Washington that are often the basis for demands on local government. It is the conclusion of the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego that extending public benefits to those who have entered the country illegally is improper. To resolve many of the problems faced by San Diego County, we strongly urge the federal government to take the following actions:

(1) Reserve citizenship for children of U.S. citizens and those whose presence in this country is legal under immigration laws.

(2) Substantially increase resources provided to the Immigration and Naturalization Service and to theBorder Patrol to control illegal immigration on the border.

(3) Deny eligibility for health, educational, and social services to illegal aliens.

(4) Fully compensate Local Agencies for any costs incurred in providing public services to illegal aliens and their children born in this country.

The County of San Diego Appreciates the opportunity to provide input to your subcommittee and is encouraged by the interest the subcommittee has shown in the problems caused by the granting of citizenship to children of illegal aliens. Please contact me if you or your staff need further information..

Judiciary Homepage

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed