Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, we are called for the interview!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, we are called for the interview!!!!!!!

After a little over 13 months of waiting, my husband is called for an interview on December 30. The interview will take place at the Los Angeles Downtown office.

In the letter it says that he needs to bring originals and copies of various documents including evidence of bona fide marriage.

Do you think having a child is a good evidence? Would her birth certificate be enough or should I have pictures of the wedding and birth of the baby there? What other evidence do we need? This question is only for those who already went through the interview, since I don't want to take any extra papers in there.

Also, what kind of questions we might be asked at the interview and is it done with us separate or together?

Also, my job has changed from the time I filled out Affidavit of Support. Does that mean I have to fill out a new one before we go or what?

Thank you.

After a little over 13 months of waiting, my husband is called for an interview on December 30. The interview will take place at the Los Angeles Downtown office.

In the letter it says that he needs to bring originals and copies of various documents including evidence of bona fide marriage.

Do you think having a child is a good evidence? Would her birth certificate be enough or should I have pictures of the wedding and birth of the baby there? What other evidence do we need? This question is only for those who already went through the interview, since I don't want to take any extra papers in there.

Also, what kind of questions we might be asked at the interview and is it done with us separate or together?

Also, my job has changed from the time I filled out Affidavit of Support. Does that mean I have to fill out a new one before we go or what?

Thank you.

Comment

Hy com2la:

My suggestion is take all the paperwork that you have available (joint tax returns filed , mortgages, leases, pictures, your baby's birth certificate, insurance showing the other as beneficiary). Too much paperwork is never enough, just be organizaed so it look easy for them to go through.

Please check out my posts to get an idea of questioning at interview (I-751), However if your interview is for AOS is very similar to the I-751, only in the last one you most of the time, have more evidences.

Good luck and relax!!! I hope my post is helpful.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, Yoly@Wayne.

We have everything ready. My husband just needs to go and get his medical done now and we are ready to go :-)

I personally think that baby would be more than enough evidence, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Good luck guys!
          Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

GOOD LUCK. GOD IS GREAT.

Raju

Comment

Thank you, guys! I will report after the 30th

We have a rather interesting case. My husband had another case open before this one under his H1B and then after we got married and baby was born he abandoned the other case and we filed AOS through me. While waiting for the AOS through me, he was called for the interview through his original case, but he never showed up. So, hopefully that won't create any problem. We were told that it took that long for us to be called is because they had to first get his original case from the state where he used to live and where he has filed his original case.

Thank you again, for your wishes

Comment

I think it's awesome that you guys have a baby! Such a beautiful testimony to love. I'd give anything to have a baby! You are so lucky and blessed!
                Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Josephine:
                  It is very nice to see a good post like your last one, and I agreed with you about Com2la being lucky. I wish I have a baby too.

Com2la:
                  I'm happy my post to you was helpful. Your baby is a very nice proof of your love however, don't forget to take every paper. But of course, I'm sure everything is going to be just fine. You had already being blessed so more blessings are to come.

Comment

Thanks Yoly, I mentioned my split personality in another post.

Baby's rule!
                    Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Hahahah split personality?.....that was funny!!
                      I'm glad you sound happier and relax.

Way to go girl!!!

Comment

Happy? Relaxed??

Does not compute!
                        Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times