X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa waiver

Hi,
    Ive heard that if you are on a vwp you can cross over into canada etc and get another to extend your stay,does anyone know if this is true?
    Thanks!

Hi,
    Ive heard that if you are on a vwp you can cross over into canada etc and get another to extend your stay,does anyone know if this is true?
    Thanks!

Comment

Hey Bunny,

Don't know who told you that but they are speaking rubbish.....If you leave the US you relinquish you're I-94, when you come back you will have to reapply again at the border for admition using the VWP, if the Officer at the entry point picks up on you leaving and re-entering so soon, you will probably be denied entry, there is no option for extension on the VWP....You're best bet is to get a B1B2, or another visa which better fits you're situation.

Comment

Hi
        Strangley about 4 people have told me this,we have friends in canada,and if we were to cross the border and stay for a few days for a visit,that wed get a new vwp on the way back in..So this sounds like a bad idea?
        Thanks
        Bunny

Comment

The problem is my boyfriend is basically ineligible for a regular visa because hes a german citizen but was living in london for 18 years hes just recently moved back to germany and has been staying with his sister,so I think there would be no way hed pass the ties to your home country part,I live quite near the border,we were just hoping to entend his stay for just a month longer..
          Thanks any advice would be great..
          Hes already bought his ticket and we found out that there is circumstances that would be very nice if he could be here during the month of october..
          Thanks again
          Bunny

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

it works very well in third world countries, but is a risk in the USA. It might work one time... but several times in a row you will most likely be denied. OF course this will also depend on the BCIS agent that checks yoru passport and if they notice the pattern of your entrances and exits.... be careful with this. A visa extension is a much less risky way to go. YOu don{t want to end up needing a waiver or other special permission to return. Contact the state department.

Comment

Spouse,
                Hi...
                Well you cant get an extension on a waiver is the problem,hes already bought his plane ticket and we are just trying to keep him here until october which his waiver will run out in sept.
                The reason he isnt coming on a proper visa is because he has recently moved back to germany and we already know he wont be able to show sufficient ties to his home country..hence why he is coming on the visa,we only want to do it the one time.
                Thanks!
                Bunny

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs