Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Waiver application over the processing time

4 years ago I studied here for 2 semesters on a J-1 visa. Then I switched to F1 and have been in legal status ever since. I applied for a J-waiver on No Objection basis in August 2001, two whole years ago. To date, no resolution. The normal processing time listed on the Sate Dept's website is 4-8 wks. They keep telling me they have not received an opinion from the sponsor USAID, who gave me money 4 years ago. Two years seems like a long period of time. What are my options? I need a resolution SOON. Thanks very much.

4 years ago I studied here for 2 semesters on a J-1 visa. Then I switched to F1 and have been in legal status ever since. I applied for a J-waiver on No Objection basis in August 2001, two whole years ago. To date, no resolution. The normal processing time listed on the Sate Dept's website is 4-8 wks. They keep telling me they have not received an opinion from the sponsor USAID, who gave me money 4 years ago. Two years seems like a long period of time. What are my options? I need a resolution SOON. Thanks very much.

Comment

To add to my question re the J-waiver delay, would it be worthwhile hiring an attorney and would that speed up the process?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources