Changing companies with RIR complete..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing companies with RIR complete..

Hi,

With my current company my RIR process is complete but I have received a much better offer from another company who has agreed to sponsor my GC too...

What do you guys recommend I do ?

Whiz

Hi,

With my current company my RIR process is complete but I have received a much better offer from another company who has agreed to sponsor my GC too...

What do you guys recommend I do ?

Whiz

Comment

The answer will depend on various factors:
      Exactly in what phase of processing are you? Did you get your Labor Certification and already filed the i140 and i485? If so, I believe you can tranfer to another company with the same Labor Certification 6 months after the i 140 is approved. It may be worth the wait.

It also depends on in which state you are. If the Labor Certification was just approved but you did not proceed beyond that, restarting the process can take a while. A long while. NY is still processing applications filed in April 2001. Other states vary from that long to as little as a month or two. Check out the processing times for both the state labor agency in question as well as the regional office associated with that state.

If the offer is that good, and if the processing time for a new LC is not that long, it may be worth taking the offer.

Comment

Whiz

Have a question for you? How long did it take
        to get your Labor certification? Are you in California. A friend of mine filled RIR last 2001 and up to now it is being held at the Regional DOL. Please share your experience if you don't mine.

Thanks/Pilar

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed