X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with my statement

Hi People,
    I am filling out the form I-129F, a petition for fiancee visa and two of the requirements are to write a statement of intent to get married within 90days of my fiancee and the other is to give the plans I already made for the marriage.
    Well, all we were planning for now is just a court marriage with one or two witnesses and then maybe in 2years a church wedding. How receptive do you think INS will be to that plan?
    And I don't know what to put in the statement of intent. I only have 2 sentences and there is format as to what is expected placed anywhere on INS website.
    PLEASE HELP

Hi People,
    I am filling out the form I-129F, a petition for fiancee visa and two of the requirements are to write a statement of intent to get married within 90days of my fiancee and the other is to give the plans I already made for the marriage.
    Well, all we were planning for now is just a court marriage with one or two witnesses and then maybe in 2years a church wedding. How receptive do you think INS will be to that plan?
    And I don't know what to put in the statement of intent. I only have 2 sentences and there is format as to what is expected placed anywhere on INS website.
    PLEASE HELP

Comment

Here's the best solution.

IMMEDIATELY draw yourself a warm bath, get in it, quietly drink a pint of rum, and cut your wrists with a sharp kitchen knife. You will be doing everyone a favor.

Comment

oh tb,
        That is pretty harsh.

Comment

you're right. Never drink on an empty stomach. At least have dinner first.

Comment

..don't drink...

Comment

Where are all the intelligent people on this forum? Your inputs are needed here. I would like to make an impression and at the same time not include what is not needed and omit what is needed.
              Let your comments roll in pls, don't hold back.

Comment

to the first poster: you don't have to have a humangeous wedding celebration to prove anything to the INS. A small formal wedding at the office with a small family celebration afterwards is absolutly acceptable.

Occasionally, you can invite the judge to come along with you to a certain place to give you your vows (such as on a landmark in your hometown, or a river etc. what ever has meaning to you).

I had a very small wedding on top of the Space Needle in Seattle with a nice Native American vow, we had only close family (one sis and parents of my spouse). Good luck to you!

Comment

Thanks Sad,
                  You are the best

Comment

Nice to chat you. Congratulation that you filed fiancee visa for your love one. I don't think that you have told me in the chat are positive. But you are fiancee petittioner and just be careful what you did say to me. And maybe you will be a ball in your girlfriend hands and you should be around and around by her hands. All people are different. And my wife got abuse from her USC petitioner she is smart and she choose to risk remaining here illegal rather than to have abuse. Do you think that if you were there in her situation. You will choose to stay with abusive husband just to get green card???. Or maybe you will die first before you will get your green card with your petitioner..... Do you think that all US petitionershas a good intention to bring their alien fiancee here in america??.Do you think you can tell to your alien fiancee & to someone anoher that you are a little wacho!. Of course not because they will afraid. I knew that some agency selling the women pictures and address in the Intenet by saying pen-pal club just to make money. So if the girl is pretty they can make more money on that and plus they selling the INS form that how can you bring your lady in america and etc. And the INS protected the US petitioner because they think that the petitioner has a good intention to marry the alien fiancee but they are wrong.

Comment

I don't know what you expected me to say to you in the chat room kent, but to my recollection you requested on my honest opinion as to what a fiancee should do after getting here on a fiancee visa and the petitioner becomes abusive towards her and using her like a slave within 2months. You then said that she has decided not to marry her petitioner and she is opting to remain illegally in the US. You proceeded to make comments on how unfair the law is. And the point I made to you is that both parties, i.e the two in question here, were aware of the law behind the K-1 visa. As I said, the ball is in her hand and which way she throws it is up to her, but i will never encourage anyone to stay in the US as an illegal alien. That is against the law of the land. The petitioner and the alien fiancee are given 90days to decide whether they are compartible or not. If they are not and choose not to get married, then the alien is to return to his or her homeland. No one is saying she should knowingly enter into an abusive marriage because of green card. That is nothing short of stupidity. But your friend is making the decision not to get married (which by the way is the right one) and it is only logical that she goes back home and find another route of entry into the US. That was what she signed to and that is what is expected of her.
                      I do not know whether to take your statement as an attack unto my part or maybe you're just being emotional. But my fiance is not someone that I met over the internet or through a penpal service and decided to get married to. We have known each other for almost ten years and this is a decision being made after establishment of trust,dedication and discipline in addition to Love. So please, I urge you to be considerate of what the implications your statement might have before you start making references to sites and services that sell women to americans, because nothing in your comments yesterday implied that your friend met her petitioner in that form and I also didn't think I gave you any impression that I met my fiance that way either.

Comment

To KonfusednLI
                        Once a marriage is performed either in the Court or in Church or else where, it has a full force of law. If marriage is no consumated then it is a sham marriage. You do not have to explain in Form I-129F that you want to make a big marriage ceremoney afterwards, this will put a question mark on your intention to get married within 90 days of your fiancee's arriaval.
                        After she arrived here, you must get married within 90 days and open your joint Bank Account, buy insurance policies, joint lease of apartment etc. Take pictures with your friends and family. After marriage, if you go on honeymoon or vacation, you must document all these things which will help in future for legalization.
                        Good luck.

Comment

To Guest:

You are not a guest in fact you are an uninvited and unwelcome guest. lol

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation