Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am married to a USC. My children came to the US to visit with me, and while they were here my ex-husband decided it was an opportunity to take an extended overseas vacation, and I was unable to send them back to NZ within their visa time...their was noone to send them home to! I contacted the INS, advised them of the situation, and was told that I could include my children on my application. Two of the children decided to return home when their father finally arrived home so I did not complete their applications, they were here almost a year. Now, my children wish to visit with me again...I have read information regarding 'accrued illegal time', and all that I have read states that minor children are not subject to the ban on returning if they overstayed their visa. Does anyone know if this is absolutely correct? I am having nightmares about them arriving in LA and being refused entry. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Accrued illegal time

Accrued illegal time

I am married to a USC. My children came to the US to visit with me, and while they were here my ex-husband decided it was an opportunity to take an extended overseas vacation, and I was unable to send them back to NZ within their visa time...their was noone to send them home to! I contacted the INS, advised them of the situation, and was told that I could include my children on my application. Two of the children decided to return home when their father finally arrived home so I did not complete their applications, they were here almost a year. Now, my children wish to visit with me again...I have read information regarding 'accrued illegal time', and all that I have read states that minor children are not subject to the ban on returning if they overstayed their visa. Does anyone know if this is absolutely correct? I am having nightmares about them arriving in LA and being refused entry. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney