Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindly help,B1/B2 change of status

I,m a nurse,Presently,I passed CGFNS exam and there is a hospital somewhere in New york wanted to sponsor me. The question is will it be possible for me to go to New york with B1/B2 visa and then ask the lawer to change my status(togeter with my family: 1 daughter+ husband) will it be at risk to violate my non-immigrant visa if adjustment of status deny due to b1/b2 tourist visa.(some said it could be possible to change the status by this way )I do want to
    follow the rule, please help

I,m a nurse,Presently,I passed CGFNS exam and there is a hospital somewhere in New york wanted to sponsor me. The question is will it be possible for me to go to New york with B1/B2 visa and then ask the lawer to change my status(togeter with my family: 1 daughter+ husband) will it be at risk to violate my non-immigrant visa if adjustment of status deny due to b1/b2 tourist visa.(some said it could be possible to change the status by this way )I do want to
    follow the rule, please help

Comment

ur intention to visit us with b1/2 is visit only. To change it means change in intention that is not accepted by immigration. It is adviseable to ask for appropriate visa. However, it may take longer but is risk free.

Comment

I have contacted some lawyer in New york and he said that to change the status from B1/B2 it,s all
        depend upon I-94 if it would permit for 2 months stay then it would help by file the AOS after 30 days stay (apply 30/60 days rule) and INS
        may grant the AOS.How possible,how sure it is,anybody please help the reason that I want it this way is: my CGFNS would expire very soon and if I go to consular process it might be to late.

Comment

Is your B1/B2 currently valid ? If you have B1/B2 status (and your I-94 is not expired) you are legally in the country and can change status to an H-1B.

Comment

GUEST XX IS RIGHT!!! IF YOUR I-94 IS VALID YET, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR STATUS, I'M 100% SURE AS I DID IT LAST YEAR.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation