•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS

Once you receive your AOS receipt from uscis
    are you able to study ?
    Since it takes so much time waisting time to get the AOS case to finalize.
    Another question is it possible to get medicaid and other governmental benefits while the person is in a non-immigration visa?

thanks and have a great day

Once you receive your AOS receipt from uscis
    are you able to study ?
    Since it takes so much time waisting time to get the AOS case to finalize.
    Another question is it possible to get medicaid and other governmental benefits while the person is in a non-immigration visa?

thanks and have a great day

Comment

Most colleges like to see the actual GC before wnrolling you but there are exceptions. Financial aid will depends whether you're a GC holder or not. Having a case pending doesn't mean already an immigrant. As for benefits, I Don't know the specifics. Good luck

Comment

I enrolled in college with a pending green card application..you can too, but you will pay out-of-state tuition. You are certainly not deterred from attending school by the fact that your application is pending, it's just more expensive..

Comment

and about medicaid and other benefits, you could only get some form of benefit if you were a refugee..otherwise medicaid, medicare, etc is only for green card holders and citizens, respectively..in general all governmental benefits apply to citizens or permanent legal residents..

Comment

I just showed my EAD to the school while my AOS was pending and that was good enough for them. The school administators that were responsible for assessing resident status had no clue about immigration documents. They didn't know the difference between an EAD, an I-551 stamp in the passport, or a green card. All they looked for was the work authorization and they processed my file as a state resident. I had already been attending the school on an F-1 for over 3 years so I satisfied any 1-year residency requirements.

Comment

sphyrapicus: What is the name of school in what States. Thats good some other will also benefits while AOS are pending. thats good. Please post the complete name and address of the School, Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for all your useful comments.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs