X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Mo,

Did you have more evidence when you applied for the first amnesty? If so, then you can do a FOIA request and get your entire file. You will not get the file in 10 days, but if the officer at your interview asks for more evidence, you can submit it later.

You can also try to get records from the social security adminstration or the IRS, if you've applied for social security card of paid any taxes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    MO:

There are many of us here who have been through the interview process and I'm sure you will get lenty of adivse from these guys.
    As you said that you have your interview in the next 10 days and your wife has her interview at the end of this month. The note from your wife's doctor office regarding treatment in 1988 will help you some what. The INS in their ruling regarding LIFE ACT has said that in the absence of hard evidence, affidavits will be considered.
    INS has approved very few LIFE cases so far and they are asking for more evidence from applicants who have submitted quiet a bit of hard evidence.

What were you doing here between 1982-1988. Can you get anything besides affidavits, e.g job letters. lease, payroll stubs, school transcripts etc.

The interviewing officer will be interested in finding out about how you entered the country, (with or without inspection), where you lived, what did you do al these years etc,etc. Try to gather as many evidence as you possibly can and be prepared to answer question your stay in the U.S from 1982-1988.

Is your wife in same situation or she has some hard evidence abour her stay here.

Keep us posted and if you have any specific questions, please fee free to post.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To Mo:
    Local Immigration will soon schedule your interview. Mostly they will asks you question between 1982 and 1989. They would like to find out how you came, where you came, where you live, where you worked etc. Most critical question they can ask you when you got your SSN. Because prior to 1986, it was very easy to get SSN. They can ask you for utility bills or any mail. Utility Bills may not be in your name, if you had lived with somebody. Please check your papers and go through them.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks AZ for dropping in. White Female is right! There appears to be 2 postings from mo 1 at 3:31pm and another at 9:15. I don't know how this happened? I only posted at 3:15pm. However, I filed my I-485 over a year ago and as usual had to post it to Chicago. I was notified about 6 months ago that my file has been sent ot the local INS office in Dallas and that any further correspondance must be established with the local ins. Unfortunately the proofs submitted are only notarized affidavits from people who knows me from that period. Additionally I just got in touch with a Lady Doctor in NY to whom I took my wife in 1988 regarding her infertility treatment.
    This Doctor is able to recall her memory and said she is willing to send me a letter if needed. Any advise, Please help!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    MO:

I'm not sure which thread WHite Female is talking about. If you can post some more details such as when and where you filed your legalization case, is this your first interview and what documents besides affidivat you have to prove your continous residence from before 1982 to 1988?
    That's the most important thing.
    Best Wishes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please check your first thread and you will find your answer there.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have recently come across this Discussion Forum and I must say it is extremely helpful to me and the like. I must also thank individuals who mostly provide answers to questions that we post and indeed we reap the benefit. I am so grateful to you all. I wish I had known about this much earlier.
    I am a LULAC/LIFE member. I first got my EAD in 1989 and kept renewing until 97. In 98 it was revoked and later in 2001 INS reissued my EAD. I then applied for AOS under the LIFE Act along with a few notarized affidavits supporting my stay in the US during the required period (1982 – 1988). I am facing AOS interview in next 10 days. I am married and have an 8 year old daughter (USC). My wife is also another LULAC/LIFE member and her interview is at the end of this month. I have been paying taxes since 1989. I am worried about the outcome of this interview! Can somebody shed some light on this as to the pros and cons of this interview and what are my options? Please!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic LULAC / LIFE Interview

LULAC / LIFE Interview

I have recently come across this Discussion Forum and I must say it is extremely helpful to me and the like. I must also thank individuals who mostly provide answers to questions that we post and indeed we reap the benefit. I am so grateful to you all. I wish I had known about this much earlier.
    I am a LULAC/LIFE member. I first got my EAD in 1989 and kept renewing until 97. In 98 it was revoked and later in 2001 INS reissued my EAD. I then applied for AOS under the LIFE Act along with a few notarized affidavits supporting my stay in the US during the required period (1982 – 1988). I am facing AOS interview in next 10 days. I am married and have an 8 year old daughter (USC). My wife is also another LULAC/LIFE member and her interview is at the end of this month. I have been paying taxes since 1989. I am worried about the outcome of this interview! Can somebody shed some light on this as to the pros and cons of this interview and what are my options? Please!!!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney