Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD:

I know we have already discussed this matter on previous threads...but to answer your question succinctly - if USC spouse "requests" to withdraw a jointly signd I751 petition, before it has been adjudicated, then the matter will be either considered or denied, based upon the merits of the "request", i.e. the preponderance of information which would lead USCIS to consider it plausible and the reason for the request for withdrawal.

If the request to remove the petition is denied and the petition remains in place, however, most likely the petition will be flagged and an interview scheduled. There is comprehensive information with regard to this issue on several threads, and I posted something on this matter which was garnered from a conversation with an immigration attorney on December 23, 2003. If you cannot find the thread let me know and I'll search for it for you.

Comment

my expression of contradiction/joke was at no means to anything written by anyone of you in the reply, but MY PERCEPTION of the PRECARIOUS situation an immigrant finds themselves in, under those unfortunate circumstances.

I thank you for your time and effort in helping all of us here at the board.

Comment

To all who took the time to hit this question..many thanks..ok to explain a bit more..first off...he not she!..filed on advice of Info center singly...got GC just a couple of months before marriage was two years..that's why condition...divorce was four years to the day after marriage (weird huh?)...hope enough proof etc but hard to know...left very secure position to come to US...no need to come here except for love(!)..yeah bit cynical now....not a youngster late 50's..English although I came here from the Caribbean where I worked at same place for eight years..so????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation