X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bohica
    replied
    No problem, all deferred inspection is when they cannot determine your admissibility at the POE at that moment because of documents or whatever and delay the inspection to a office near where you live.so its no big deal.

What i dont understand is what Acelaw was saying,and how he got that idea?

Leave a comment:

• juliep
    replied
    Thank you for all of your replys. I believe bohica is correct on the DS-2019. They have contacted the company for this.

Leave a comment:

• bohica
    replied
    i believe what they did was a Deferred Inspection to a district office near where you live. i bet you need the ds-2019 form which is the sevis form your husband has for j-1 status.

Leave a comment:

• juliep
    replied
    Her husband is a J-1 Visa holder here working on an internship. I know that right now they are both worried about what could happen next. Her husband said that he needed to get a DS-???? form from the company that sponsered him. Does anyone know about this? I thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• aceIaw
    replied
    She was let in on parole and needs to attend that appointment and clear her legal entrance. This can have grave consequences if it isn't fixed now. Depending on what her husband's status is, she could be charged with misrepresantation or fraud if her husband is a U.S. citizen for instance and she's trying to enter with any other kind of a visa (H or J) when in fact she should enter with a K-3...

The passport is being kept by BCIS for expedited removal purposes. Many aliens eligable for removal will destroy their travel documents to avoid the actual extrication.

Leave a comment:

• juliep
    replied
    I have a friend who was re-entering the US today, and her passport was confiscated at the POE. She had two visas, a J-2 and a H Visa. I am not exactly sure on the H, but I do know it was an H. She was returning to be with her husband who is finishing his internship. They did let her enter, but they set up an appointment at the local field office in two weeks. What could happen now? Thank you to anyone who can help.

Leave a comment:

• juliep
    started a topic Passport confiscated at Port of Entry

Passport confiscated at Port of Entry

I have a friend who was re-entering the US today, and her passport was confiscated at the POE. She had two visas, a J-2 and a H Visa. I am not exactly sure on the H, but I do know it was an H. She was returning to be with her husband who is finishing his internship. They did let her enter, but they set up an appointment at the local field office in two weeks. What could happen now? Thank you to anyone who can help.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney