X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update - EAD and SS#

Hi guys,

Picked up my EAD at BCIS office today, only took about an hour (mostly waiting), got my EAD card within 15 minutes and went straight to nearest SS Office to register my SS#. Took me only 20 minutes there and the lady said I will get my SS Card within 10 days. Very pleasant process

Now is the time for job hunting! Woo hoo!

My special thanks to Umesh,Sammy and others who always give the answer when I need it.

Have a nice day.

Hi guys,

Picked up my EAD at BCIS office today, only took about an hour (mostly waiting), got my EAD card within 15 minutes and went straight to nearest SS Office to register my SS#. Took me only 20 minutes there and the lady said I will get my SS Card within 10 days. Very pleasant process

Now is the time for job hunting! Woo hoo!

My special thanks to Umesh,Sammy and others who always give the answer when I need it.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Congratulations again.
      For job hunting, you should check online, check local job postings and at Labor Department website etc.
      Good luck.

Comment

Congratulations.

You were very lucky to have it all wrapped so quickly. Which State do you live? Or which local BCIS office did you go for your EAD?

Good luck in your job hunting, and always be positive in the life. As long you have will and strong determination, you will always succeed in your life. Best of all.

Comment

Great news Me2. My wife finally received her SSC and last week her drivers license. And just yesterday we received her letter for her AOS interview. We are to appear at the Newark local office in one month for the interview. We have photos, cards from friends and relatives, utillity bills, insurance policy, state certified marriage license, as well as all other IDs. We now have to get affidavits from friends and family but I was wondering is their a form I can download for this, or just type something up myself and have them get it notarized. Just a little history. We married in November of 2002, filed 485, 130, and EAD in Dec. 2002. FP in JAN 2003, EAD in Feb 2003, SSC JULY 2003, and letter for AOS interview for August of 2003. Having read some posts here, 9 months is not that bad. Anyone here had AOS at Newark office have any comments?

Comment

Hi guys,

So far I am really glad that everything turned out easily for me . But let me tell you, it won't be easy without CAREFUL preparation, lots of reading and asking (this is where ppl like you guys really helpful .

Thanks Umesh, thats what I'm doing...surfing all over job websites! Yesterday I faxed and emailed about 20 companies. Today I will do just about the same. By a week may be 100 companies have my resume Hope few of it will hit!

Krys,

Why you need affidavits for marriage? Do they asked that in your interview letter? So far, as long as you have enough evidence that you guys live together, it won't be necessary to have that. But I don't know if BCIS specifically asked you about the affidavits. I never seen any marriage affidavits before, so I cannot tell how its prepared. Hope someone else can verify it.

Make sure you organize your paperwork nicely, this will help the interviewer to speed your interview. Bring two folders, one original and one photocopy, in case the interviewer want to keep it in her file. To locate your documents easily, put the tab or index flag for both files (original and copies). So when the interviewer ask for specific document, you just can flip at the index and boom! Thats it

To Sammy, I filed my application at Vermont SC and transferred to Baltimore, the details as follows:-

5/27/03 - Submit AOS package
            5/28/03 - RD
            6/11/03 - ND
            6/13/03 - 1st NOA
            6/20/03 - Transfer to Baltimore
            6/26/03 - 2nd NOA
            7/14/03 - FP Notice
            7/16/03 - FP done
            7/18/03 - EAD approved
            7/30/03 - Pick up EAD card at Baltimore Office
            7/30/03 - Register SS#

Comment

Good to hear you have had a decent experience Me2. I will be filing through marriage and from Baltimore as well. Your post makes me feel a little more secure about how things should go for me

Comment

Mitches,

Thanks! The KEYWORD here, prepared the documents perfectly! So they do not require any additional unnecessary things that will delay your case. Another good news, I just got my interview letter yesterday!

I wish you good luck and don't worry too much. You can get lots of info in searhing the immigration forums and if you have any question later on, free to ask

Have a nice day.

Comment

Me2, in our AOS interview letter there is a list of items to bring with us. next to each item was a box that was either checked or not checked off. the box next to proof of living together was not checked. To me this means that we do not want proof that you are married. I dont understand that. Me2 what does your letter say? Has anyone else had the same letter?

Comment

our letter didn't tell us to bring anything!

Comment

I think different BCIS different kind of letter, well to be safe, just do it though. Its no harm, just little bit extra work .

In my letter it says:-

They ticked the boxes of:-

1. The items listed on the attachment sheet (they gave an attachment)
                      2. A Maryland Driver's License or other phot identification / Your Passport.

The Attachment says:-

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ALL INTERVIEWS

1. Your original appt. letter
                      2. Passport and photo ID
                      3. BC issued by competent authority in your country of birth (Embassy-issued will not be accepted)
                      4. Form I-688B or I-766, EAD card, if any
                      5. If you do not speak English well, bring an interpreter who is fluent in English in your native language (your attorney may NOT serve as your interpreter)
                      6. Final court dispositions relating to all arrests you may have had, including records that may have been sealed or expunged
                      7. Any notices and forms given to you by the BCIS, including AP or other travel documents.

DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR MARRIAGE-BASED CASES

1. Both spouses must present at the interview
                      2. Proof of petitioner's US Citizenship or legal PR status
                      3. Marriage Certificate
                      4. Proof of termiantion of ALL prior marriages for BOTH spouses
                      5. Evidence of bona fide marriage - submit any documents which would assist in establishing the validity of your marriage such as (but not limited to) lease agreements or home ownership docs, joint bank and credit accts, proof of joint ownership of other property such as investments, automobiles, life insurance, health insurance
                      6. BC of your children (if any)
                      7. Affidavit of Support, COMPLETED AND NOTARIZED, WITH THE SPONSOR'S FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THE 3 MOST RECENT YERAS, OR AN EXPLANATION IF FEWER ARE SUBMITTED (if not already filed)

Note: All documents in ORIGINAL FORMS, accompanied by photocopies.

Well, thats what it said. (Ouch, tired of typing, heheh)

Comment

Thanks Me2. I will bring everything and photocopies as well.

Josephine, have you heard anything yet? The last I remember your interview went well but they did not tell you if husband was approved or not.

Comment

Nothing yet, but this afternoon I dreamed it was denied "over the phone."

Comment

LOL, now probably you are freaking out about it. Be cool, dreams don't mean squat... at least to me, if the dream is testifying to the Lord, then it is a vision, or a message from the Lord, all others are nothing, but subconscious... You might have fears of denial in the back of your mind, you are not aware of 'em yet... Let go...
                            SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

j! that web site I sent you! don't look at the Ghost's section! I am so scared i had to call hubby at work!

There is a really cool pic of a sonic boom though!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation