Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Mohan. Please help!

my first interview on a marriage based petition was not successful. now the case is in special operation unit and we will have another interview. my husband has never been married but while he wanted to become a citizen, he had filed joint tax returns with his girl friend. they were living togther for a couple of years and they have a son together. Does this might cause a problem for us? do they keep sombody's citizenship file(i know they keep a copy of the citizenship but how about the documents he submit)
    I appreciate any advice from you folks>

my first interview on a marriage based petition was not successful. now the case is in special operation unit and we will have another interview. my husband has never been married but while he wanted to become a citizen, he had filed joint tax returns with his girl friend. they were living togther for a couple of years and they have a son together. Does this might cause a problem for us? do they keep sombody's citizenship file(i know they keep a copy of the citizenship but how about the documents he submit)
    I appreciate any advice from you folks>

Comment

if he was married and filing taxes with someone other then spouse then it will be a problem. It wont be any problem if he filed in the past( before marriage).
      the documents are kept on the record but not easily available, in the DOC system it should be mentioned what kind of attached doc was submitted. If the file is opened physically then all the doc will be attached available to officer to review.
      Officer had to get special permission to get to the record.
      Every time any officer who are assign to the case has to fill a form and get permission, He specifically will write what kind of record he has to get, If he want to listen to case history he will get recorded tapes, other wise file, and other. Also what point he has to get the record. ( no one is allowed to get the record without permission of their dept head.this form is available for the record that who was looked on your record. its the standard procedure and inter office corrospondance within BCIS
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

thank you so much mohan. The joint tax filing with the girl friend happened more than 10 years ago. I am much releived now by what you said and I hope other stuff goes smoothly. bod bless you!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation