Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out-of status Married to LPR Is it possible to apply for EAD while petition in process?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out-of status Married to LPR Is it possible to apply for EAD while petition in process?

I'm married to LPR for about more than a year and filled I-130 for almost ayear ago and we just got a receipt that it will take 825 days to process(but we know it takes 3 to 5 years processing), then someone told us that they were able to get a working permit even if their papers are just like mine but you have to get a laywer. Does anyone knows how this is processed without getting a lawyer because they are asking a lot of money. I just want to know the procedure and I know we can file one even without a lawyer. We have a daughter now, I need to help my husband so we won't be having a financial problem. A little information will be greatly appreciated!!

I'm married to LPR for about more than a year and filled I-130 for almost ayear ago and we just got a receipt that it will take 825 days to process(but we know it takes 3 to 5 years processing), then someone told us that they were able to get a working permit even if their papers are just like mine but you have to get a laywer. Does anyone knows how this is processed without getting a lawyer because they are asking a lot of money. I just want to know the procedure and I know we can file one even without a lawyer. We have a daughter now, I need to help my husband so we won't be having a financial problem. A little information will be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Does your husband hold a greencard? Have you filed I-485? Until your priority date becomes current you won't be able to file I-485. When you file I-485, you can apply for a working permit.

Comment

yes my husband is a greencard holder and can apply for citizenship for about two years more. Does anyone else have an information about EAD. 187 thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately you can not get EAD unless you have your AOS pending. Your husband will be able to apply for Citizenship 90 days prior to 3rd or 5th anniversary of his AOS. As soon he becomes a Citizen, then he can write to the BCIS to upgrade I-130 and can send your AOS application and EAD application. You will have to wait.
          Good luck.

Comment

lol lol lol

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources