No announcement yet.

Reentry permit question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reentry permit question

    Can I apply for a reentry permit if I have n400 pending?
    How long does it usually take to get one at Nebraska SC?

  • #2
    Can I apply for a reentry permit if I have n400 pending?
    How long does it usually take to get one at Nebraska SC?


    • #3
      Anyone's opinions on reentry permit! Please!


      • #4
        hi ... sorry if i am not getting ur point correctly...give some more info...why would u need a reentry permit if u have pending N 400...??? dont u have a green card? Pasha


        • #5
          Hi, I believe that Anna means "Advance parole". Eventhough Anna has a green card, since she has filed an N-400, then if she travels abroad without an advance parole then she would effectively abandon her N-400 application.

          I do not know the processing time for Advance parole at the Nebraska service center. Maybe someone else will respond with that info.


          • #6
            hi malf...

            this is something new for me...may be i m wrong..but my mom in law didnt apply for any Advance Parole when she had her N 400 pending and Green Card only with herself she went out of country for 4 months...So dont know much...I think GC is still effective no matter N 400 is going on...isn't it like that? unless he GC has expired or didnt have one due to any reason with herself...may be lost or something like that?

            Have a nice day...! Pasha


            • #7
              I take back my previous post. Since reading your reply, i did a search on the USCUS website and could find nowhere where it requires green card holders to apply for advance parole. Infact, the only scenario that i found where a greencard holder might need to file the I-131 was if he/she intended to remain outside of the US for more than 1 year. In this case the greencard holder would be applying for a re-entry permit.
              Therefore, based on what i have read, Anna may travel without filing any special forms with USCIS unless she plans to be outside the US for more than 1 year. However, Anna, ensure that you don't jeopardize your residency and physical presence requirements.


              • #8
                Hi malf,
                you are right. any GC holder needs reentry permit (advance parole) if he plans to stay out of country more more than a year...

                Have a nice weekends...Pasha


                • #9
                  a I-327 is a reentry permit for use by LPR'S if out of the U.S. for up to 2 years.

                  a I-512 is the advance parole and for use inorder to leave and reenter the U.S. by people in AOS.

                  the form to file for both is the I-131.


                  • #10
                    question: does a gc holder also need to get a AP when he/she would like to work overseas for a US company?


                    • #11
                      If you are an LPR and have your Alien Registration Card AKA Green Card, and have alreaady file your N-400, you can travel on that GC. You do not need a Re-Entery Permit, this will be a short visit.

                      If you want to work in foreign Country then you must get Re-Entery Permit for your travel which is valid for two years from the date of issuance. You must returned before your Permit Expires.

                      If you are employed by a US Company in Foreign Country your time in Foreign Country will be counted towards your time
                      required for Citizenship. Or you want to get your Citizenship that can also be done through your US Company that your company will have to do one letter and you will qualify for expedious Naturalization. Hope all set now.


                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                      Home Page

                      Immigration Daily


                      Processing times

                      Immigration forms

                      Discussion board



                      Twitter feed

                      Immigrant Nation


                      CLE Workshops

                      Immigration books

                      Advertise on ILW



                      About ILW.COM

                      Connect to us



                      Immigration Daily