X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for refugee?

Hello, everyone,

My family came from Hong Kong. Since I have a very young infant son, who is only 9 month old. As everyone know, Hong Kong became the very dangerous place to live since SARS case speedy spreading. I cann't bring my son back to Hong Kong and my husband got laid off from one IT company. I am just taking some classes in a small college and try to keep our visa status. We don't have any family income also I need to pay my tuition. Based our very tough situation, can I apply for refugee because of SARS case in Hong KOng? Give me your advice, please!!!

Hello, everyone,

My family came from Hong Kong. Since I have a very young infant son, who is only 9 month old. As everyone know, Hong Kong became the very dangerous place to live since SARS case speedy spreading. I cann't bring my son back to Hong Kong and my husband got laid off from one IT company. I am just taking some classes in a small college and try to keep our visa status. We don't have any family income also I need to pay my tuition. Based our very tough situation, can I apply for refugee because of SARS case in Hong KOng? Give me your advice, please!!!

Comment

you should know the meaning of Political asylum. Political is the word you should concentrate.
      this relates to percecution in your country and keep in mind the you have no option to relocate with the country as per your political agenda/openion/based on religion/ethics/ member of certain group.
      medical group is not qualify for Political asylum.
      may be you can explore humantarian bases.

Comment

Mohan,

Thank you for your answer. You mentioned in your message that ask me to explore humantarian bases. Could you please tell us how to achieve it in detail. Is there any kind of immigration visa issued base on humantarian.

For my very young son, I have to try every possiblity to stay in this country. I hope my son can get education in this country with his parent. I think every kid deserves better life.

By the way, my husband and I are not illegal alliens. We spent money and got education from this country. we worked hard in this country. We payed the tax and we followed the every rule here. We are just unlucky.

Mercy me!

Comment

You said your husband was laid off from his IT job. So did you and your husband came to US under H1 / H4 visa ? If yes, your husband can still find a job and get a new sponsor. Another interim option is to change your status to F1 if you go to school full time. Or you can also change status to B2 and get 6 months more time. I assume you plan to return to Hong Kong after the SARS outbreak stops.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation